Chapter 16

LUKES POV

I was cuddling her tightly, kissing her neck to constantly remind her that I was there and that she wasn't alone. She drifted off into a sleep where she seemed paralysed. Her eyes were shut and she looked delicate and weak. She must of been dreaming as I kept hearing murmurs coming from her, I was engrossed in the program she had been watching, but made sure that my full attention was on her when she needed it. While she seemed out cold, I got out of bed and went into her kitchen to get her some ice cream for when she awoke (and also for me while I was waiting for her to become conscious) Most girls like that don't they?

The house was silent and I was making a hard decision on what flavour Ben and Jerrys she'd like best. Phish food? Cookie dough? Pralines and cream? Triple chocolate brownie? That sounded appealing. Triple chocolate brownie it was, my favourite and hopefully hers too. Just as I was getting two spoons for us to eat out of the tub with, I heard keys going into the keyhole of her main door. I didn't know what time it was, probably lunch time, I expected it to be Leila's mum. I didn't know what to do, the last encounter with her mum wasn't a good one, I didn't suppose this one would be any better either. My first instinct was to run and hide, anywhere but Leila's bed would be a good idea. I paced into the first door that caught my eyes and hid behind it, my heart racing.

I listened closely, the keys chinked as they were slammed onto the kitchen counter, the sound of buckles on a bag made a scrape and she dropped her handbag on the floor, her heels made noisy footsteps as she made her way up the wooden stairs. I stayed pressed up against the door waiting for a clear sign that I could go. I heard voices edging closer. It was Leila's.

"Yeah I'm fine, honestly, go back to work." Leila encouraged her mum out the door.
"Okay just wanted to check up on you sweetie, I'll be back at 5." Her mums heals made it obvious that she had exited the house.

"Luke..?" A loud whisper echoed through the house and I opened the door. She swung round to face me and immediately looked down at the ice cream that was probably melting.
"You helped yourself" she giggled under her breathe and walked into the lounge sitting on the edge of the sofa and switching on the flatscreen.
"I was getting it for you actually" I sat down next to her putting the ice cream in between us.
"Then why have you got two spoons" she laughed whilst grabbing one out my hands. I shrugged and just ate a spoonful of ice cream as I didn't have any witty comebacks.

I just stared into her eyes and admired the dark glow they had about them, but she was looking at the tv, probably aware at my staring but felt too awkward. Her cheeks had more colour in them, and she seemed a lot perkier than when I first arrived.
"Stooooooop" she wined glancing over at me, "I hate when people stare at me." I didn't know why, I don't blame people for staring at her anyway. She was so beautiful, she had a nice array of freckles dotted on her cheek, crinkles from where she'd been smiling that were temporarily left by her eyes, a dimple in both her cheeks just above the mouth that added cuteness to her appearance, her cute button nose that wasn't neither too big or too small and that had a good collection of freckles brought out by the sun too.
"Why can't I stare at you." I questioned.
"Because if you stare at me for too long, you'll realise how ugly I am and you won't be able to stop noticing my flaws you hadn't noticed at first glance." She suddenly became sulky and kept her eyes half shut, looking down at the ice cream, poking it.
"What flaws. You don't have any." I tucked her hair behind her ear so that I could see her face, cupped her chin in my head and brought her head up to face mine.
"You're beautiful." Her mouth was empty from ice cream and I took the opportunity to place my lips on hers. Feeling the soft touch of her lips lightly on mine made me knees go weak and my eyes were shut as my head was spinning with emotions.

I always got this feeling in my stomach when I was around her, it was like an urge for our bodies to be touching in some way, it was passion, affection. I always had to be touching her, wether it was with our bodies or lips, I didn't care. Just being with her felt right.

My eyes opened as we pulled away after the casual exchange of saliva and whacking of tongues inside each others mouths. She lay down on me with a blanket wrapped around her like a sausage roll. Her head was on my crotch and I just stroked her hair soft clean hair, I continued to have my attention on the TV program from earlier, and she dosed off, again. This time every now and then she would let out a quiet snore that would make me laugh, I didn't mind it though.