Chapter 7

LEILA'S POV

The morning came quickly, I'd over slept by half an hour so had to grab my black mom jeans and my grey nirvana top that was fading from being worn too much. My hair was still curly from yesterday, so i left it in the mess it was. Mum was still half asleep so I wrote her a note and drove to school looking like a disaster.

The day dragged on and I couldn't stop thinking about getting out of there to go see the boys. I met a girl called Callie and she introduced me to a big group of people, but while they were making me laugh and feel welcome, they weren't the boys next door. They weren't that special.

Callie lived in a road that led off mine so I offered her a lift home and she started talking about a group called the Janoskians that she lives near.
"They're such funny boys, search them up on YouTube when you get home. I once had a mental breakdown when I met James in the supermarket. I'm a James girl and I've been a fan of them since..." Callie went on talking about them for ages and I just zoned out hoping that it was still cool for me to go round to the boys' house later.
"Once they even ate their own puke" was she still going on about them? This girl was obsessed to a whole new level. So I'm obsessed with photography, teen wolf and being in my bed, but not as crazy obsessed as Callie is with these Janoskians kids.

Once Callie finally got out the car I drove away as quickly as possible. She is a really nice person but damn she can talk a lot! I'm the kind of person that likes chit chat but not constantly, it gives me a headache.

Before going next door I quickly straightened my hair and corrected my shitty fast morning makeup so that I looked presentable. I didn't know why I was making such an effort or who I was trying to impress but all I could think about was Luke. Why was he so god damn hard to get out of my head?

*knock knock*
Luckily the door swung open fast as bees started to attack me because of my freshly applied Daisy perfume. Surprisingly Luke had opened the door, he had a cute little grin on his face which I hadn't seen before. Oh god he looked so amazing, and here I was looking like trash.

"Finally you're here Leila!" Beau sighed in relief whilst he stood up and embraced me in hug. I looked around the room and all the boys were smiling at me with big open eyes. Then a face I didn't recognise walked into the room. It was a girl. She had beautiful long brown hair and a sharp gawline like I'd never seen before. She was stunning and had a figure of a model. I was so jealous I probably looked like a drained rat compared to her.
"Oh Leila this is my girlfriend - Chelsey" Beau said as he wrapped his arm around her and kissed her lightly on the forehead.
"Hey, I'm Leila, the new kid in town" She let out a quiet laugh under her breathe and sat down on beaus lap so that I could have a seat.

The evening went on just like I'd known these guys for years. My stomach ached multiple times from too much laughter and I learnt a lot of things about them. Chelsey and I got along, and became quite good friends, she was so bubbly and sweet and was just generally full joy.

After all the liquor, Beau had to tell me directions to the toilet but Luke decided to show me where instead. I followed him up the large slippery steps and tried my best not to slide and slip all over the place. I was about to tumble from the top to bottom but Luke grabbed my hand, catching me and pulling me closer so I didn't fall. I looked into his eyes but he quickly looked away and carried on walking across the hallway to a white door. It was like we had a moment but he didn't want to show it, there was definitely a spark when he took my hand.

"Uh yeah- here it is- I'll wait for ya in case you get lost on your way back" Luke and I had never spoken just us before, he sounded nervous and I probably looked it too. I felt pressured to piss quietly  as he was right outside the door and I couldn't wipe this cheeky grin off my face.

When I opened the door Luke wasn't outside and... I couldn't remember the way back and felt slightly awkward to go looking for the stairs. Their house was like a maze with corridors for each room it seemed like, definitely bigger than my house, and more confusing.
"Oh Leila - I'm In here" I wasn't quite sure where here was but I just went down the hallway where I heard Luke's faint voice calling.

There was a door that was slightly open to my left but I wasn't sure if that was where he was. I was peering in to try and see if he was in there when Luke's head suddenly jerked up in the gap making me jump out of my skin. He laughed as I let out a small Yelp.
"Hahah that was a cute noise" Luke chuckled. He had wrinkles by his eyes as they were scrunched up from his big smile. I walked into his room and looked round. It was very modern and stylish, he had a corner where there was a flatscreen TV, a desk where he had a MacBook set up and a shelf of cameras. I admiringly stared at his camera collection and didn't notice him behind me until I felt his warm breathe on my neck.

"You like photography?" He asked me and I got shivers from his deep, masculine voice talking close to my ear.
"Yeah I love it, my favourite hobby, don't usually leave the house without my canon" Luke's eyes lit up and he grabbed my hand and directed me over to his computer. He let me sit on his black, cushiony chair and he lent over me showing me some of his photos he'd taken. I looked at his arm sneakily from the corner of my eye, trying not to make it too obvious. He had a big bicep and the attractive veins muscly guys have. I could smell his body oder. It wasn't bad like the average boys but actually weirdly smelt good.

"All the photos you take are so amazing Luke..." He's been to so many amazing places and taken some great photos. Way better than mine, compared to him my photos would be worth nothing, he was a pro.
"Thanks, do you have Instagram?" Luke didn't hold back but I didn't mind. He followed me and gave me compliments on the photography that I had posted, they weren't the best but Instagram standards. What.. The.. Fuck..
"Luke... How do you have like... 900K followers?" On his posts he'd get like a thousand comments and likes, he was a very popular dude.
"Oh I make YouTube videos." He could tell by my face that I hadn't a clue so he clicked away on his computer, still over my shoulder. He opened up a channel called 'The Janoskians" I recognised the name but wasn't quite where from.. Oh-my-God... Callie was talking about them in the car after uni.

"Do you wanna see the stupid shit we do?" I do stupid shit all the time so I thought why not. Callie was right about how stupid they are, I could feel him glaring at me while I laughed at the videos they'd uploaded. I felt a little stupid that I had no clue that he was part of the Janoskians and by the fact that I was sat in his bedroom laughing so much at small pranks they did.

"Your laugh is so cute Leila" I felt myself blush and I probably looked as red as a tomato. Luke jolted his arm away from over me when there was creaks of the floorboards coming from the hallway. Jai swung his head round the door, "I thought I heard voices, what you up to in here?" To Jai we probably looked really suspicious but nothing really happened, nothing that I wanted Luke to do to me was done.
"I was just showing Leila my photography and then she's been laughing her ass off to our videos" Luke seemed proud but Jai wasn't too surprised. Jai gave us both a curious look and then walked off to his room, I took it as a sign that I should go as the boys were all locking themselves away from each other.

Luke walked me down to the door and Chelsey embraced me in a warm goodbye hug as she saw me leaving.
"Text me later, yeah babes?" Me and Chelsey already spoke to each other like sisters and there was no awkward moments. Luke stepped outside the door and looked like he was hoping Chelsey would walk away - like she did.
"Text me later too, yeah babes?" Luke said with a smile on his face as he mocked what Chelsey had said to me.

I walked away looking down giggling with my hair covering my face. I sped up the drive and out the gate as I realised mum told me to be back an hour ago, plus I had declined her calls. I snuck into the house, thinking that she was asleep, but as I was about to creep upstairs the lights turned on, she was sat on the end of the sofa and she looked mad.