Chapter 11

LEILA'S POV

My alarm stirred me from my deep, comfortable sleep. I opened my eyes and Luke was the first thing I saw. He was still in my bed from last night, It got late so we just fell asleep, my body almost on top of his. It felt like I belonged in his attractively inked arms.

I ran my finger slowly up and down his stomach, admiring the muscle showing through his white tee. His face was babyish and cute, it was peaceful to watch him sleep. I didn't want to wake him but I knew I had to get up for school. I heard my mum pacing up the stairs, as she usually comes in to make sure I'm awake and I moved off Luke so fast that it woke him up in shock. I hastily nudged him off the bed and we frantically stood at the foot of the bed trying to decide what to do. Just as I was about to tell him to hide in my wardrobe my mum barged in and her jaw dropped to the ground.

"What's going on Leila!? Who's this and whys there a boy in your room so early in the morning?" Her facial expression looked like a mix of anger and curiosity.

"Mum we just - uh - I just - well- uh" I couldn't speak a proper sentence that made sense and I just stumbled upon uh and well...

She was stood impatiently, tapping her foot on the carpet, waiting for an explanation.
"Hi, Mrs ... ?" Luke began to speak.

"Hunter" mum replied filling in the blank space in his speech.

"Mrs hunter, the explanation for this is that last night I came over to comfort Leila after I heard the row, and I accidentally fell asleep, nothing happened, I promise." Luke explained better than I would've, mums face relaxed and Luke picked his jacket up off my floor, getting ready to leave the way he came in.

"Off you go." Mum gave him a stern look before he scurried off past her, down the stairs, and eventually out of my vision.

I nervously fidgeted with my jumper sleeve, preparing my self for the rant that was about to come. I've heard it many times before, every guy I talk to mum gives me the same rehearsed pep talk. No sleepovers, no sex, no snogging, no touching while you're under my roof, she always says that and I can't wait till I don't have to listen to it ever again.

After at least what felt like an hour of an argumentative pep talk, she left me in peace so that I could get ready for the day I didn't want to commence. I was already dreading the same school schedule, the same boring people I have to make conversation with when all I wanna do is be in the company of Luke.

My outfit was plain and bland, but I liked black too much to adventure in some colour. Once mum had left for her first day of work, I was feeling mischievous, so when Callie stopped by to pick me up, I told her to go to school without me and that I wouldn't be attending today. I penny boarded the short distance to the Janoskians household where everything was silent for a change.

Message: From: Luke: look up😉😂

I looked up, squinting my eyes as the bright blue sky nearly blinded me, I saw Luke's figure watching me from the window I once saw him at before.

He came down to the door and let me in with a big beaming smile on his face.
"My mum doesn't know, and she must not find out." Luke raised an eyebrow and followed me as I found my way upstairs sneaking into his room.