Chapter 31

Hatspehut

Apollo, my brother and his mate are alive! I can't believe that they are actually here! His muscular arms tightened around me as I cried into his chest. Odin joined in the hug. How did Saryia find him? I thought that she killed him too. Now this is a birthday present that I am in love with.

Our reunion was short lived. A loud eardrum shattering scream echoed through the dining hall. The three of us turn around to see Mercy. She looks at Apollo like he is a ghost. Her finger trembles as it points at him.

"Wh- wha- wha-! Saryia I thought he was dead! What the hell?!" She stutters out. Apollo laughs then his eyes turn black.

"What's wrong bloodsucker? Your not happy to see me?" He starts to walk towards Mercy. I watch as the horror in Mercy's face becomes more and more apparent. Saryia, however, stops Apollo.

"As much as I would enjoy watching you chew on her neck. I would like to have a nice dinner for once." Apollo sighs then turns to his mate. He sits next to her grabbing her hand. Mercy glares at me then takes her seat at the far end of the table. Jamie was nowhere in sight. Saryia, kisses my head then takes her seat at the head of the table.

"Where is Jamie?" Saryia asks. Her eyes dart at Mercy. Mercy points her thumb back up stairs. Saryia touches my hand lightly, rubbing over it with her fingers. I look back at Mercy. The uneasiness and fear in her eyes makes my wolf leap with delight. She looks at me then Apollo. Her eyes widen.

"He. . . is Hector's oldest son?! I thought he was just the Beta!" Apollo laughs then smirks at her. He shakes his head no. A loud thud causes us all to dart our eyes towards the sound. Jamie comes down with the scent of whiskey following her. I'm in shock, I never thought Jamie would be the type to get drunk.

"Sorry I'm late." She slurs her words. Saryia grins then sits back in her chair.

"Jamie dear. Are you okay?" Jamie glares daggers at Saryia. She mumbles something under her breath then takes her seat next to Mercy. Saryia chuckles and signals for the food to be brought in. The servants bring in a banquet fit for ten kings, the usual dinner for us. Apollo and his mate's eyes grew wide when a giant roast pig was placed in the middle of the table.

"You eat like this every night?" Apollo asks. Odin nods quickly grabbing the part of the pig he likes the most. I forgot that eating with Apollo can be all out war. He grabs the part that I wanted then smirks.

"Jerk." I say using pack link. He laughs then smothers his meat in gravy. I took another part of the pig then lifted up my glass. A servant fills it with water then briskly backs away. I took a few sips, feeling a cold gaze on me. I turn to the gaze and met Jamie's cold dark blue eyes. She gazes at me like I'm a piece of meat. Saryia grabs my hand, reassuring me.

"Jamie do you need something?" Saryia glares at Jamie. Jamie glares back drinking her wine in one gulp. She looks at me then looks away.

"She just going through something right now. She is alright." Mercy smiles then darts her eyes back at her plate. Apollo chuckles then looks at me.

"Do I want to know what is going on here?" He says in my head.

"It's a long story. Lot has happened in six months." I say back. He looks at his mate and smiles.

"Yep, lots has happened, and more is to come." I smile and continue eating. Saryia looks at Apollo puzzled. She tilts her head then smiles.

"Apollo, I'm dying to know; how did you escape that night?" He chuckles.

"Why should I say? Your probably going to tell the guards there how I did it." Saryia smiles.

"Please we closed down those places after we won the war. You can tell me." He smiles then takes in a deep breath.