Chapter Seventeen

Happily Emily crossed the street as she continued to shop for her honeymoon. She had no idea where she was going and the only hint David would giver her was ‘tropical’. Brooke and Jessie had tried to get more information from the staff before they went shopping but no one would say a word.

     “So how do you think lunch is going?” Jessie smirked.

     “My mother father and the Queen in the same room,” Emily said not hopeful.

     “Come on we’re going to be late,” Brooke laughed.

     Together they went to get simple manicures and pedicures to relax and spend time together. There was only a week left until the wedding and everyone was starting to feel a little bit nervous. Some how the three of them were laughing harder the longer they were together though. They managed to distract each other from the gigantic event seven and a half days away.

     “Good evening ladies,” Eddie smiled.

     “Looking good Eddie,” Emily winked.

     “David is waiting in his den,” he said.

     “Go I’ll put your bags in your room,” Brooke smiled.

     Quietly Emily snuck into David’s den and placed her hands over his eyes. Happily David removed her hands as he turned around and gave her a kiss. With the palace a step away from going mad over the wedding they hardly saw each other.  All night they stayed in David’s den making time for each other and reminding each other why they were getting married. Their schedules were busy constantly to plan a day just one day and they didn’t want to forget about the other days.

     “Good morning,” Brooke smiled.

     “Hey what’s that?” Emily asked curious.

     “The Queen’s written consent to your marriage.”

     “Come on say it with me Elizabeth.”

     Glancing over Brooke’s shoulder Emily looked at the one piece of paper more important than her marriage licenses. Thanks to a law made in the 18th century all the royal marriages needed the approval of the sovereign. Elizabeth had given her approval right away but there had to be formal papers drawn and hand signed by Elizabeth. Now it was finally done and Emily could check it off her list.

     All day Emily and Brooke checked other things off Emily’s list like confirm details with the vendors and make final payments for everything.  By the end of the day Emily didn’t even want to look at her phone let alone use it again. She had no idea why she didn’t let her palace team handle everything.

     The next morning Emily personally welcomed Buddy to the palace and introduced his staff to the kitchen staff. Immediately she was banned from the kitchen as the two teams began working their magic for the big day. Buddy and the head chef assured Emily she had nothing to worry about and that she would be pleasantly surprised but they weren’t going to let her micromanage.

     “Your royal highness,” David called.

     “What did you call me?” Emily asked.

     “I am just preparing you for your new name,” he smiled.

     “That’s Mrs. Depandi-Windsor to you,” she smirked.

     “Emily Depandi?”

     “Yes sir.”

     Excitedly Emily kissed David in complete disbelief that they were a few short days away from being husband and wife, prince and princess. With all the changes happening Emily wasn’t scared of becoming a wife. Some how being a wife didn’t terrify Emily especially being a wife to David. The only thing that terrified her was her father’s pit crew around the wedding guests.