Chapter Six

Emily rolled over and smiled as she watched David stare out the bedroom window. Happily she sat up as he came and sat on the edge of the bed. Smiling he kissed her good morning and she ran a hand through his hair. They were extremely happy there was no doubt about it.

     "I was thinking don't cover up your tattoos," David said.

     "There is a reason I cover them up around here," Emily said scared.

     "Trust me?"

     "Fine."

     "Come on its time to head over to the palace."

     "Ugh! Okay."

     Emily got out of bed reluctantly and got ready between dealing with business back home. Hurrying outside to the car Emily and David headed over to the palace for a day of preparation for Elizabeth’s charity ball. Neither one of them really wanted to go to the charity ball but also wanted to support Elizabeth and her charity. 

     Immediately when they walked in the door they were separated by staff that filled them in on proper greeting etiquette and who was who on the guest list.  Afterwards Emily had to make sure her gown followed dress code before finally making it to hair and make-up. Keeping herself busy through two hours of hair and make-up Emily finally slipped into her ball gown. It was a vibrant red silk organza pleated gown from Oscar de la Renta that Emily loved to death. Happily she went to go wait for David and the rest of the family.

     "You look gorgeous," David smiled. "Just one more thing."

     David reached into his pocket and pulled out a silver chain with a lowercase e on the end with diamonds. Excitedly Emily turned around and let David put it on.

     "I feel like pretty woman," Emily laughed.

     "You are a gorgeous woman," David said kissing her.

     "No its a movie . . . Never mind."

     "If you say so. Mum said go ahead by the way."

     She took David’s hand then realized it wasn't possible then grabbed her dress with two and walked out the door. Easily she slid into the car and put on a smile as they rode to the ballet theatre. Waving to the press they walked inside where they were separated once again. David was led all over the room to meet people while Emily had to do it on her own. Since Emily wasn't his fiancé yet she didn't get the royal treatment like everyone else.

     Mingling seemed to take forever eventually everyone was ushered inside for the start of Swan Lake. Amazed Emily sat there watching the incredible dancers and the band becoming wrapped up in the entire production. When it was intermission Emily had lost all track of time she didn't even realize it was time for intermission.

     "Bartender please give me something that is food or looks like food," Emily smiled.

     "Coming right up," he laughed.

     Emily leaned against the bar, sitting was out of the question in her dress, and watched the man make her drink. He handed her a tall glass of Shirley Temple packed with cherries grateful Emily gave him a nice tip. David was completely ignoring her so she decided to talk to the bartender. She was having a great time when David’s cousin Gemma decided to pick a fight.

     She was short with bright red hair and green eyes. David seemed to love her for some strange reason but Emily preferred to keep her distance. Gemma always seemed to be the biggest bitch when Emily was at her lowest.

     “David seems to be chatting up nicely,” Gemma smiled.

     “Yes I hope I actually get to talk to him,” Emily said.