Chapter Nine

The Queen of Windsor is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince David to Miss Emily Branson.

Prince David and Miss Branson became engaged soon after their joint birthday in October.

     Emily read the announcement as she waited for David to make his way down the stairs. They were about to walk out in front of tons of cameras to answer questions about their engagements. Finally he came skidding to a halt in front of her fixing his tie and trying to catch his breath. As soon as they had gotten back from North Carolina David had been at his appointed army base while Emily prepared to be Princess Emily.

     “Are you ready?” David asked.

     “Are you?” she laughed.

     “I absolutely hate these sort of things,” he sighed.

     “Just pretend it’s a red carpet,” she smiled.

     Quickly they did their handshake, smacking the back then the palms of their hands and pounding fists, and then the doors opened. Hand in hand they walked into the pressroom where tons of flashes began going off nonstop. After a few moments the press secretary calmed the flashes down and began picking people to ask questions.

     “Can you tell us how Prince David proposed?”

     “He put the box in my piano and the rest is a secret.”

     “You can’t tell us anymore?”

     “It was a special moment between the two of us and we’d like to keep it that way.”

     “Emily you’re not just marrying David you’re becoming a member of the royal family how do you feel about that?”

     “Well I’ve known them for so long now I doubt things will change,” Emily laughed.

     “She’s pretty used to us now,” David said.

     “David how long have you exactly been a couple?”

     “Long enough to know I want her as my wife,” he smiled.

     “He’s just trying to get brownie points,” Emily laughed.

     “Did you know he’s was going to propose?”

     “Shockingly no. You’d think after ten years of knowing each other I’d be able to predict things like that but there were no hints.”

     “How did you two know it was the right time?”

     “Like she said it’s been ten years so we know each other extremely well,” David answered.

     “We know each other’s habits and how to say exactly what we want no holds barge,” Emily added.

     Between camera flashes David and Emily continued to answer a few more questions before leaving the room. Taking a break to rest their eyes Emily smoothed a few wrinkles out of red dress while David tried to calm down. After their short break Emily and David sat down for their first interview together ever.

     “If there is one thing that she loves as much as me maybe even more is her grandmother’s grand piano,” David smiled. “So I decided that was something that was going to be involved some how and it worked out great.”

     “It was perfect. I have been happy ever since,” Emily smiled.

     “Did you know you were going to do it then?”

     “I had been thinking about it our birthdays just happened to go with it,” David shrugged.

     “Tell me about the ring.”