Chapter Two

Exhaustedly Emily pushed open the hotel door and walked into her room ready to be out of New York already. Dropping her bags in the little living room area she walked past the small dinning room to check out one of the bedrooms. Liking it without even seeing the other bedroom she hopped onto the bed kicked off her shoes and began checking out the TV guide.

     “Emily you can’t not talk to me,” David said.

     “David I’m tired that’s all,” Emily yawned.

     “Why are we here?” he asked over a knock at the door.

     “Because,” Emily said walking by.

     Emily let the room service man in and watched him nervously put the food on the dinning room table. He paused at the door and looked at Emily then at David hesitantly.

     “Remember this always tip room service,” Emily said.

     “Thank you miss,” the room service said leaving.

     “This weekend I’m going to teach you some basics,” she said.

     “Basics of what?” David asked scared.

     “Semi normal life,” she smirked.

     David stared at her confused as she walked into the bathroom. Why did he have to know the basics of semi normal life? What was semi normal life? Emily had a lot of explaining to do and he had a feeling she wasn’t going to explain at least not at once.

     “Emily,” he called.

     “Give me a second,” Emily yelled.

     “What did you say?” he asked.

     “Nothing,” she said hiding her wrist.

     Curious David grabbed her hands and turned them over. Nervously Emily looked away as he saw some of her tattoos for the first time ever. On her left wrist she had the word ‘stay’ and music notes in a pattern and on her right wrist the word ‘strong’. Normally she had them covered by make-up when she was at the palace but her concealer had washed off when she had washed her hands.

     “What is the stay strong for?” David asked.

     “My father and I got them after a bad accident,” Emily said.

     “Are there others?” he asked curious.

     “A few,” Emily shrugged. She looked up to see David looking at her with a strange look on his face. “What?”

     “You still surprise me after ten years.”

     Smiling Emily messed up David’s hair then walked out of the bathroom. David’s first lesson was how to properly eat hamburgers, which meant eating them without silverware. It amazed Emily the first time she had seen him do it. Now it was officially time to teach him something normal.

     “Do you remember my first dinner with the family?” Emily laughed.

     “I was so nervous I almost sweated through my suit,” he laughed.

     “Your sister still hates me.”

     “She does not hate you, you’re her child’s godmother!”

     “Because her husband likes me,” Emily exclaimed.

     “Really?” David asked.

     Emily fell out laughing and threw a French fry at him. They stayed up all night laughing and talking between watching Green Acres reruns. Even though they were almost polar opposites they still managed to have great conversations. Falling asleep on the couch talking was a habit of theirs since the beginning of their friendship.