Chapter Sixteen

Nervously Emily smiled and applauded as the musical cast turned and curtseyed toward the royal box. Instantly the entire audience realized they were there and her stomach started doing flips. Usually she would grab David’s hand but he wasn’t there it was just Elizabeth and Albert. Finally the attention went back to the cast as they took their final bow. Quickly her stomach stopped doing flips and Emily tried to get out of the theater as quick as possible.

     “How could you possibly be nervous?” Albert laughed.

     “Seriously? There were hundreds of people staring!” Emily exclaimed.

     “What happens when you perform?”

     “I have a band and I don’t have time to think about that.”

     “Interesting,” he said curious.

     “Leave her alone dear,” Elizabeth begged.

     The whole ride home Emily cursed David for being out on other official royal business then she saw him and let it go.  They were about two weeks away from the wedding and were on an emotional rollercoaster. One moment they were fighting over something and the next they were completely and utterly in love with each other.

     “Good morning,” Elizabeth smiled.

     “So I found something interesting on my pillow this morning,” Emily said.

     “Really? What was it?” she asked being coy.

     “Apparently the new royal stamp,” Emily said.

     “We are just trying to commemorate the wedding.”

     “Soon enough people are going to get sick of us.”

     “Don’t worry,” Elizabeth said walking away.

     Frustrated Emily went to go find David to see if he had approved his mother’s idea. When Emily found David in his den there turned out to be something else to discuss. David was working with a spokesperson for the palace on a statement saying he would not be wearing a wedding ring. It was brand new news for her David hadn’t even discussed the idea with her.

     “Everyone will know I’m married,” David shrugged.

     “Everyone will know I’m married!” Emily exclaimed.

     “Come on Emily its not that serious.”

     “Obviously it is if I’m this upset.”

     “It’s a ring just a band that goes around my finger,” he said confused.

     “So is mine but it means something to me,” she said angrily.

     Emily couldn’t believe he was being serious and that he wouldn’t even discus the subject with her. David not wanting to wear a wedding band was the same as Emily not wanting to wear an engagement ring. She could guarantee David would be pissed off if she didn’t want to wear a wedding ring.

     “Emily you can’t just walk away,” David called.

     “What do you want me to do? You’ve obviously made up your mind,” she said angrily.

     “Just talk to me please.”

     “I don’t care who knows we’re married like the vows say that ring is a symbol of our love you should want to wear it.”

     “You’re right I’m sorry,” David sighed.

     “I have to go I’m late,” Emily said walking away.