Chapter Five

Smiling Emily walked into David’s den pass the couch to David’s desk. Happily Emily sat on the edge of his desk and said hello. They had been on four dates in the past two weeks and still managed to spend some time away from each other. David rested his hand on her leg and she leaned forward to kiss him. Immediately she started tugging at his suit jacket while David tried to find Emily’s dress zipper. At once they froze as they heard Elizabeth’s voice coming down the hall.

     “This is crazy!” Emily exclaimed.

     “Its great,” David smiled.

     “Its like we’ve skipped every dating stage possible.”

     “Well we have been friends for ten years.”

     “Oh there you are!” Elizabeth exclaimed.

     Quickly Emily hopped down from David’s desk as Elizabeth walked through the door. She couldn’t help but blush as he felt David secretly zip up her dress. Elizabeth didn’t seem to notice but things still felt a little uncomfortable as Elizabeth talked.

     “Here is your first royal appearance my charity ball,” Elizabeth smiled handing them invitations.

     “What charity?” Emily asked curious.

     “Its call Dizzy Feet Foundation I’m a patron,” she said.

     “Cool,” Emily smiled.

     “Sounds good mum,” David said.

     “Great,” Elizabeth said happily. Giving a big smile she hurried out of the room to go find Anne. She wanted the whole family there to support her at her big charity ball.

     “So where were we?” David smiled.

     “I want to go home,” Emily blurted.

     “Well what do you know we are home.”

     “No I mean LA that’s why I came in here I want my bed my clothes my friends and my family.”

     “Is something wrong?” he asked worried.

     “My life is not just here,” she said nervously. Scared Emily walked out of his den and hurried to her room where she curled up on her window seat. She didn’t want to hurt his feelings but the palace wasn’t her home her last trip to Los Angeles had showed her that.

     “Hey talk to me,” David said sitting beside her.

     “For the first time I’m home sick,” Emily cried.

     “Tell me what I can do.”

     “Stay with me tonight?”

     “Of course,” he smiled.

     “Thank you,” Emily said hugging him.

     David gave Emily a kiss and went to change clothes while Emily cleaned herself up. Feeling absolutely ridiculous for crying over being home sick Emily cleaned up her make-up and changed into her pajamas. No matter how much Emily had missed home while on tour she had never cried. She realized how much she loved her life state side after spending time with her friends and family.

     “Hey,” Emily said sleepily.

     “Hi,” David smiled sitting on the bed.

     “Thank you,” she smiled.

     “No problem,” he said before giving her a kiss. Slowly he pulled back the covers and slid next to her. Happily David pulled her into his arms and said goodnight quietly. Falling asleep in David’s arms helped Emily but it didn’t fix anything.