Chapter Thirty-Four: The Percy Jackson "Movie"

Dedicated to MartyCat.  Thanks for following!!!!!!!

Spoiler Alert!  I mention lots of stuff from the PJ movie, so if you haven't seen it and plan on doing so, I wouldn't read this because there will be MAJOR spoilers.

Warning: This chapter is a rant by me.  If you LOVE the Percy Jackson movie, there is absolutely no need for you to read this chapter.  If you don't like it in comparison to the book, well feel free to trash it with me.  

I say "movie" in the loosest terms when I call Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief a movie.  I mean honestly!  Is it that hard to read a book and adjust some stuff to make it a movie?  Apparently someone out there thinks so!

Some things I hate about the Percy Jackson movie:

1.  The actors.  

Seriously.  Why the HECK is Percy 16 in the movie?  Could they not find 12 year old actors or something?  And don't get me started on Annabeth.  Why does she have brown hair?  Not to mention where is Clarisse?  Nowhere, because some genius took her out of the movie!  Luke doesn't have a scar, they left Mr. D and Nancy Bobofit out, there is more centaurs in the movie.  No.  Just no.  Honestly, details aren't that hard!

2.  The plot.

Basically the entire movie is about Percy, Annabeth, and Grover looking all over the U.S.A. for the pearls so they can use them to rescue Percy's mom.  In the book, they are literally handed the pearls.  How in the world do the pearls become the main focal point of the movie?  Come on people!

3.  The Hydra scene.

Why is this even on the list?  There shouldn't be a Hydra scene in the movie because the Hydra isn't even in the book!  I repeat THERE IS NO HYDRA IN THE BOOK!  The second book, sure.  But not the Lightning Thief!  And why where they visiting the Parthenon in Nashville anyway?

4. Sally Jackson and Percy's relationship with her.

The part in the beginning with Percy's mom, he's kind of rude to her.  I didn't really like that at all.  In the book, his mom is the person closest to Percy and they love and respect and care for one another.    That doesn't show very much in the movie and that disappointed me a lot.

5.  The beginning.

In the beginning of the movie, it's Zeus and Poseidon arguing about Percy stealing the lightning bolt.  P says no, Z says prove it, they fight, Zeus blows up a door.  And then it goes to Percy on the bottom of a swimming pool.  I don't like how he's in the pool.  He wouldn't be getting wet and he doesn't need to hold his breath under water because he can breathe!  It's just dumb.

6.  Capture the Flag.

Percy and Annabeth are supposed to be on the same team, Luke is supposed to capture the flag, Clarisse and her friends try to pulverise Percy, Percy discovers his super awesome water powers and then he gets claimed.  How much of this happens in the movie?  Percy discovers the water can heal him and helps his skills with a sword.

7.  The Camp.

Am I the only one who was completely disappointed with the cabins at Camp Half Blood?  Ugh.  Plus there is way more campers than mentioned in the book, the entrance to camp is not on a hill, there is no pine tree (and that's super important for the second book), the Big House is not mentioned (at least I'm pretty sure), everything is in the woods instead of circled by them, and everyone is practicing with weapons, instead of playing volleyball or basketball (two sports mentioned often in the book.)

8.  All the added scenes.

The Hydra is one, but there are several more added scenes in the movie that never happened in the book and that makes me soo mad when they go so far off base!  Instead of being able to enjoy the movie I'm constantly thinking "This doesn't happen, they never do that, no one would ever say that, etc."  Ugh!  It will never stop annoying me!

9.  The second movie.

We all know I'm going to watch Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters, but I'm super scared to see it.  Have you seen the trailers for it?  So much stuff is already messed up in those 1 minute previews that I'm nervous for the actual movie.

PJ: TLT should not be called a movie!  It should be titled The Percy Jackson Failure.  It is seriously a fail.  Just.... ARGH!!  They should let the fans direct the movie, because seriously, we could do a WAY better job than whatever you want to call the disaster that the first movie turned out to be.  >:-(

Okay, rant over.  Sorry to make you guys read this, but SHEESH!  I really don't like that movie.  If I had watched it before reading the books I guess it wouldn't be so bad, but comparing it to the books, it's a catastrophe.

Okay, I'm leaving, I can't stop talking about this, so I'm going.  Bye!