Chapter Twelve: Dear Diary...

Dedicated to @gummydeni and @1DHolic!  Thanks for following!  :) 

Dear Diary...

Today it was hot out.  It got up to 93 degrees Fahrenheit, which is a pretty big jump from like, the 40's, which it's been all week.  My mom convinced me to go outside and make fairy gardens in our backyard, which I did before coming back inside and hiding in the basement, where it's cooler.  Of course, I wasn't there long because then I came upstairs and went on the computer, and guess what?  It's hot upstairs.  But I decided to bear it since I was reading a really good book on Wattpad.  (For you curious souls out there, it's called Hey, Beautiful by @TaintedRain.)  It's cooling down now because it's almost night time, but earlier it was really hot.  We didn't turn the air conditioning on because it's supposed to be in like, the 60's for the rest of the week, so instead we opened the windows and turned on the fans.  It helped some and when my brother got out a spray bottle and sprayed everyone in the face it helped more.  Yay for cold water.  :)  

My mom bought a kiddie pool, you know the plastic kind with fish painted on the sides, and we filled it up.  Well I should say they, because I was on the computer.  Everyone else went "swimming", meaning the older ones stuck their ankles in and the younger ones lied down in the pool and made water angels.  Like snow angels, but in a tiny swimming pool filled with not a whole lot of water.  I wasn't actually that hot, so when my brother, who had been hiding out in our room in the basement, came upstairs and complained about the heat, I was pretty surprised.  I guess I had gotten used to it, after sitting here for three or so hours.  I really do need to get out more and exercise, maybe work on my tan.  (That was a joke.  I don't tan, I either am as pale as a ghost, or I turn as red as a lobster.  Ugh.  I was serious about exercise though.  I need to get back in shape.  Not that I was in shape in the first place...)

Right now it's nine o'clock, but it's not actually that dark out.  Guess summer really is coming!!  It should be, it's May.  I better have actual summer weather on my birthday.  If it rains I will be very disappointed.  My b-day's in June.  Yay me!!  <<

I think I just heard thunder.  Or maybe it was just some noise that made a boom.  Probably the second one since a) there was no lightning and b) I haven't heard any more booms.  If it was thunder I probably would've.

Like I already said, my birthday is in June.  That's like, half a month away.  Usually by now people know what they are going to ask for but I have no idea.  Maybe money?  Or a Twitter or Facebook?  (No, I don't have those yet.  I'm not connected with all the social media stuff.  I'm one of the only teenagers without a Facebook or Twitter.  Eh, I probably wouldn't use them much anyway though.  Although Facebook has some pretty sweet games....)  Or a Nintendo DS game?  I have one of the old DS's.  Not the cool 3DS or DSi or 3DSXL or anything like that.  I got one of the DS Lite's.  It's pretty sweet.  None of the cool new games though, which kinda stinks.  And my brother and sister both have 3DS's.  But that's all cool, they have the awesome DS's, I got a phone.  Take that!  In your face!  Or their face(s), but you know what I mean.

Well Diary, I think that's it for now.  Thanks for listening, even though you can't listen because you're an inanimate object.  Bye!