• Chapter Thirty •

*Magical time skip*

Paisleys pov

It's here.

The day of graduation.

Luke and I get ready together, just like usual. I'm extremely nervous about this. Not just because I'm finishing HighSchool in less than an hour, because I have news to tell to Luke.

He and I have been discussing things for the longest time. We know that this is what we wanted. I just can't wait to tell him the good news.

I finish my make up, consisting of mascara, eyeshadow, dark red lipstick, and a necklace to top it all off. It's not crazy, but it's a lot more than I usually put on. I add some matching earrings and then prepare to face Luke.

He insisted that I had to surprise him, and he would surprise me. I liked the idea so I went along with it. 

I ended up going shopping for the dress with Calum and Ashton, since they know the most about that kind of stuff. I think I tried on the entire store before i found the black and pink dress in which I am wearing right now.

I make sure my hair is still in its perfect curls and none of my make up is messed up before I open the door and step out.

Luke is sitting on my bed, facing away from me. At the sound of the door opening however, he turns to face me. His jaw drops and he stands up abruptly.

"Holy shit. Paisley, you look... Breathtaking." He speaks, eyeing me up and down. I eye him as well, he looks absolutely amazing as always, his hair is done up in its usual quiff, but he's wearing this tuxedo that hugs his muscular body so nicely. He's the hottest piece of ass I've ever seen to be completely honest.

"You're not to bad yourself Lucas." I say, kissing his lips softly and hugging him. "Actually, I lied." I whisper. "You look so fûcking hot, I don't know if I'll be able to keep my hands off of you." I smirk, kissing his lips roughly. He kisses back just as hard, his tongue gliding over my bottom lip. I allow him inside and he instantly wins the fight between our tongues. But then I hear someone approaching my door and I pull away. I wipe my mouth quickly, thanking God that my lipstick was good and stayed put.

I hear a knock at the door and I walk over and open it. I see a gleaming Ashton, looking at me like my dad would've if he were here.

"You look stunning princess." He says, giving me a kiss on the cheek and looking at Luke. "You look good also Luke." He adds. I giggle lightly when Luke pretends to flip his hair and puckers his lips.

"I know." He says sassily, adding a wink and smirk in my direction. Things like these make me forget he was ever a small shy boy.

"Your family would be so proud of you." Ashton says, then wipes away a tear. That causes me to tear up as well.

"Thank you Ashton. Now stop it! You're gonna make me cry." I laugh, playfully smacking his arm. He sighs and grabs my hand.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Ashton asks, re-straightening his own tie. I nod and look over at Luke, he nods as well and then we walk down the stairs.

When we get to the school, it is packed with all of the people I have gone to school with since grade nine and their families. Many are crying happy tears, many are laughing and smiling, many are silently awaiting for it to start. I just wish my father was able to come back to see this, I also wish my mom and brother were still here to watch as well.

I spot Luke's brothers in the corner of my eye and I wave to them. They wave back and approach us.

"You look beautiful Paisley." Jack comments, kissing my hand like a gentle man.

"Why thank you." I respond, also giving Ben a hug.

"Would all graduates please report to their seats." I hear a voice on the loud speaker. Me and Luke interlock our fingers and walk to our spots. We have to sit away from each other since it is in alphabetical order, but I sit near Calum so it's okay.

It takes about ten minutes before I hear Michael being called on. We cheer for him and then watch as he joins the other kids who have gotten their diplomas.

"Luke Robert Hemmings." The man calls, I smile and wink at him when he turns to face me. He repeats the process and walks up. I make sure to cheer extra loud this time.

"Calum Thomas hood."

I smile at the brown haired boy and watch him walk up the stairs and to the principle who is handing out the diplomas. He smiles and waves at everyone, we cheer again. A couple people go after him.

Then comes my turn.

"Paisley Aurora Leigh."

I stand up and walk to the podium, i can feel all eyes on me. I'm concentrating really hard on my feet, making sure I don't fall.

The man hands me my diploma and I smile at the crowd, then I walk over to Luke.

"Great job babe." He whispers. I smile at him again, I can't seem to stop.

Our school is different from most, we don't do speeches or anything, only the student council does that.

About half an hour later, the last person was called up. We all have a cheer and then waited for the principle to give us our cue.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the class of 2015." The man says. We erupt into a loud roar and throw our caps up.

That was it, my entire HighSchool experience. All to work up to this very day. I reach out for Luke's hand and we walk off the podium along with the rest of my classmates.

"We did it baby." I say to Luke happily, then I kiss him.

(A/N)

Soooo... I got good news and bad news. Imma tell you the bad news first.

'The Boy In The Back' will be ending within the next ten chapters. Okay it's not that bad of news, this book sucks lmao.

Now for the good-ish news.

THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL.

Thanks for reading, please vote and comment <3

-Caitllin