• Chapter Seven •

We walked up to my front door slowly as we argued about smarties or m&ms. Luke was convinced m&ms were better, but I wasn't having it. Smarties were the best, no questions asked.

I searched through my bag for my keys and laughed when Luke stumbled and almost put his head through the door. Finally after basically tearing apart my bag, I found the keys which made a familiar jingle sound as I put them in the door knob and twisted.

"Shh." I said to Luke, if my dad happened to be asleep I wanted to keep it that way.
I had just gotten to the stairs which led to my bedroom when I heard a gruff voice come from the living room. "Paisley?" I guess he's not sleeping.

I sighed and turned around, almost colliding with Luke, I dodged him and then pulled him toward my dad. I walked to the living room and the first thing I saw was my dad laying on the couch, beer bottles and cigarettes surrounding him like a landfill. It was disgusting. "Yes dad." I said in a polite tone, trying to ignore the stench that filled my nostrils.

"I saw a boy, where is he." He said slowly, he was definately drunk. "He's right beside me dad." I said in the most patient voice I had. If he would pay attention he would know that.

"Tell him that.. That- to use protection." He said just before he passed out. I blushed and turned around to face a clearly amused Luke. I led him to the stairs and we climbed them before heading to my room.

"Im sorry. He's drunk and he doesn't know what he's talking about." I apologized to Luke while flopping down on my bed and groaning. "It's okay, I don't mind." He smiled as he took a seat next to me. We sat there for a slight moment, soaking up eachothers smiles before I spoke.

"Luke..." I said nervously.

"Yeah." He asked as he turned to face me.

"Are we friends?" I asked scared, I was afraid that maybe he didn't want to be friends.

"Do you want to be?" He mumbled while nervously picking at the bottom of his fraying shirt.

"Of course, do you?" I said as I nodded fast.

"Of course." He smiled.

I scooched closer and hugged him. He hugged back and I think we sat there for about 5 whole minutes until he pulled away and smile reassuringly at me. One thing that I liked about him is that he liked to hug people just as much as I did.

"Those pictures, with your mom and that boy, who are they?" He asked me as we laid back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I was kind of nervous for when he asked this question, mainly because my story is so complicated.

"My mom and brother." I replied.

"Do you want to tell me about them?" He asked. I really did want to tell him, but I was afraid that he wouldn't care.

"I will, if you want me to." I mumbled. "I do." He agreed after a minute of silence.

I took a deep breath.
"So my family was the picture perfect kind of family, we were always happy, we had family nights, we went out for dinners, it was just perfect. Then I got sick and my mom stayed home with me for about a week, since she missed so much work she got fired from her job. Followed by my dad.
Shortly after... *deep breath* We went into bankruptcy.
After many nights of no meals and living in darkness because we couldn't afford to pay the bills, they started fighting."

"It started off wth little arguments but it soon became more than that. They would be up at all hours of the night, yelling and screaming at eachother. It got really really bad. I noticed my mom wasn't eating, she was barely sleeping, and she didn't talk. I guess one night, my mom just had enough. She- she committed suicide." I said. I noticed now that I was softly crying and Luke was laying closer to me than he was before. He gave my hand a squeeze and that gave me enough courage to keep going.

"After my moms death, my brother and I had gotten depressed. He had it worse than I did, but it was still awful. He lasted a year. One year and then he was gone.. I found him in his- *hiccup* I found him in his room, he overdosed." I explained, then broke down into small sobs which were increasing dramatically.

Luke lifted his body off of the bed and then sat me up. He sat me on his lap and let me bury my face in his chest as I cried. I felt bad for ruining this whole thing by crying but it felt so good to tell someone finally. I haven't talked to anyone about this as much as I just did, not even my dad. Alex knows that I had a brother and he passed away, but she didn't know him, she barely knows me.

He rocked me back and forth while whispering things like 'it's okay' 'breathe' and 'I'm here' until I calmed down. I sat there for a while in his arms comfortably until my breathing returned to normal. 

"I am so sorry Luke... I uh.." I trailed off.

"It's okay. I don't mind." He said shyly before we went into another silence.

"Well, now that that is over. What would you like to do?" I asked him, wiping off the remains of my tears and fixing my hair. I probably looked like a mess right now but I didn't care, I felt so comfortable with Luke. Like I could tell him anything and everything.

"I don't care, we could just lay here and I'd be happy." He said. I felt my heart flutter but I didn't know why.

"This might sound childish and weird but do you want to build a blanket fort and watch a movie." I said shamelessly as I hopped up and down in excitement. He laughed and then joined my jumping fest. 

We grabbed tons of blankets from the spare closet in the hallway and used all the pillows on my bed to make a fort. Once we put it all together and grabbed my laptop we raided the counters for anything that looked edible.

We had grabbed a tub of cookie dough ice cream, some barbecue chips, a two litter of ice tea and napkins. It was safe to say that this was going to be a really fun night.
(A/N not in that way you dirty minded freak ;)

We crawled inside the fort and got comfortable before searching for a movie.

"Okay, what kind of genre do you want to watch?" I questioned as I dug my spoon into the ice cream and took a bite. "It doesn't matter." He said nonchalantly as he grabbed a handful of chips and began to munch on them.

"Do you like horror movies?" I asked him as I searched through the horror section. He nodded and then pointed to the movie 'Annabelle'. "Okay, Annabelle it is." I said as I clicked on it and waited for it to load.

I didn't tell Luke this but I'm not exactly the best with horror movies. I love them but I've only watched a couple and everytime I get nightmares.

I turned the volume up and began the movie. So far it was a little bit creepy but not too bad.

A/N

I just watched all of the 5sos keeks over again and I s2g they are the weirdest people ever. But I love them so it's okay.

Just remember guys...

Tadpoles are baby turtles.

-Caitllin