• Chapter Eighteen •

I sat in my room and cried for the entire weekend. Calum came and visited me, I told him everything, he convinced me to at leased take a shower. Then he left to apparently "teach Luke a lesson." I didn't stop him, I should have but I didn't.

I finally got a text from Luke though.

It said:

Asshole: I am so sorry paisley, I know you probably hate me and honestly i can't blame you. I hate me too. I made a huge mistake and if I could take it back I would in a heartbeat. If you haven't already deleted my number and blocked me, I appreciate it. I'm sorry,

Love Luke.

I didn't respond, I was going to actually delete his number but I didn't, I couldn't bring myself to.
The message he sent made me collapse into more tears. I'm surprised I haven't cried them all out yet.

When Monday came around I was not ready to go to school, but I knew I had to since there was exams coming up. I showered, brushed my hair and left it down in its natural wave and then slipped on some jeans, a flannel shirt, a beanie and a couple bracelets. I also put on a little makeup to cover the bags under my eyes. I wasn't really in the mood to dress up, I honestly could've gone to school in my pajamas and I wouldn't have cared. But I knew I had to.

I didn't bother picking up Luke, I just kept driving. I saw him walking slowly like he used to before and I saw that he didn't look much better than I did.

Bags under his eyes, hair a little messy, he wore the same thing I used to see him wear. He wasn't carrying his notebook though. I wondered if he left it at home.

When I got to the school I walked straight in, I ignored the glares I got from Alex and her friends. God knows if I hadn't I would have ripped her face off. I walked to my locker and grabbed all my stuff, before shuffling my feet to my class which would start in ten minutes. I was early but I didn't want to risk seeing Luke again. After all, I had to prepare to see the devil in math right now.

I sat away from my regular spot, in the back corner. I plugged in my head phones and began to listen to music to kill time. I didn't want to be here, no one did, but I had a bigger reason.

Alex came in when there was two minutes left with the rest of her posse, she shot me a smirk and waved then laughed when I narrowed my eyes at her.

I fücking hate this bïtch.

.

.

.

I hung out with Calum for the rest of the week, for he was my only friend left in this damn hell called school. Now it was time for art again and I was not prepared to see Luke even though I've seen him everyday since that night. Thank god it's Friday. I took a deep breath before pushing the door open, it was empty except for the one person I didn't want to see. Upon arrival he looks up and his eyes widen a little.

I went in sat at my required spot, only giving him a quick glance, noticing he had a cut lip, probably from Calum. I could feel his stare boring into the side of my head.

"Paisley I'm sorry." He spoke, his voice cracked a little. That's all he's said to me since that night.

"I don't care." I say without facing him, but that was too far from the truth, I did care, and it was killing me.

I turn to face him and I see his lip quiver a little. A single tear slips out of my eye and I quickly wipe it away, hoping he doesn't notice.

I'm saved by the awkwardness when Calum comes in the room. He looks from me to Luke, give Luke the dirtiest glare I've ever seen.

"Hey Paisley." He says, shaking his head and turning to face me. He comes and sits beside me, grabbing my hand and rubbing it soothingly.

He could sense my uncomfortableness. "Is everything okay? I tried to get here sooner but the teacher kept us later." He explains. I nod my head unsurely and then shake it, saying that 'no I'm not okay', choosing to just tell the truth.

"Leave her alone Luke." I hear Calum say harshly. Luke nods and then shuffles away a little. The class then fills with all the other students, saving us all from the tension.

Ms. Moriset begins to explain that everything for the dance is ready so we have a free class to do whatever needed. Then she gives us a reminder.

"Remember that the projects are due in a week, we have some time to do them here but I would suggest working at them in your own time." She says. She gives me a glare when I groan loudly and throw my head down into the desk.

"For fuçk sakes." I mutter.

Luke and I are only half done the project.

God dammit.

(A/N)

Oh my god this was the shortest chapter I've ever written lol, 850 words.

Anyways sorry for the chapter, I have some family thing to do but I didn't want to keep you waiting for the update, the next one will be up shortly.

Thanks for reading!

-Caitllin