• Chapter Six •

Luke's pov

I embraced Paisley in a huge hug, the kind you usually only give to your spouse or bestfriend. I couldn't contain myself, I had to. She has been so nice to me in the past few days, it was nice, I haven't had someone do somethings nice for me in a really long time. I felt like there was some kind of catch to all this but I didn't care, even if she was only being nice to me since we had to do a project together.

She giggled into my chest and that brought me back to reality. I pulled away and I felt my face go red, "Sorry, I umm.. I gotta go-Sorry." I stuttered nervously. I turned around and walked fast to my classroom, hoping that she wouldn't hate me.

I heard her call my name right before I turned the corner, I spun around to face her and I watched as she ran up to me. I prepared for her to slap me, punch me, whatever she needed to do. I know it was just a hug, but I should know better than to hug the most popular girl I know and think that nothing is going to happen.

She was now about three feet away from me, getting closer and closer. She jumped on me, her arms around my neck and her face buried in the crook of my neck. What the hell? Why is she hugging me?

As fast as she hugged me, she pulled away even faster. She handed me my notebook and then walked away barely even letting me process what happened. I stood there in the hallway, completely baffled for about five minutes until I gathered up enough breath to walk to my class. I'm sure that I had a stupid smile plastered on my face, but it wouldn't go away.

I couldn't help but think of her throughout the entire day. She was so different from everyone else. Yes she was popular and beautiful, but she was different. She wore band shirts and skinny jeans while her friends all wore skirts and crop tops. She seemed to not care what anyone thought about her, when all the other girls had to be perfect all the time. She hung out with me, a complete loser that has no friends, when she could've ignored me and treated me like everyone else does. I liked that about her.

Finally the time had come to go to art, and I couldn't be more excited. Don't ask why, because I don't even know.

I rushed to the class, careful to hang my head down low so no one noticed me. Who am I kidding? No one ever notices me.

I was just about there when I saw paisley walking just as fast as I was, probably eager to see her friend Calvin, or whatever his name was.
(A/N I don't know.)

"Luke!" She called as soon as she saw me. A couple people around her shot her a look after they realized she was talking to me but it didn't seem to faze her in the slightest. She ran to me and then stopped abruptly right in front of me with a smile plastered across her beautiful face.

"Hi!" She said happily.

"Hi!" I mimicked her and then walked inside the room, her following very closely behind me. "What's got you in such a happy mood?" I asked her.

"I honestly have no idea, I guess I just wanted to see you." She smiled and blushed. In my head I was freaking out like a fangirl, but on the outside I was calm and collected.

"There might be a chance that I wanted to as well" I said out loud by accident. She smiled the biggest smile that I've ever seen her smile, I don't know why.

She took a seat right beside me and we began to talk about her favourite bands and stuff, I honestly wasn't paying much attention. She was just so attractive.

Paisleys pov

I noticed about half way through my speech about my first concert that Luke wasn't paying attention, I knew it wasn't because he was uninterested in the topic, it was something else.

He was staring at me with a small smile tugging at his lips, he would nod every now and then but I could tell he just wasn't listening. I decided to have some fun with this.

I sighed dramatically before beginning "I will never forget that time I killed that man with my shoe's heel. I remember digging it into his skin right in his neck" I stopped for a split second once I realized he began to listen and then continued "and watching him bleed to death, he tried to call out to someone but no sound came." I finished. By the end his eyes were wide with fear and he had scooched his chair back a couple inches. "Oh so now you are listening." I smirked. He released a breath of air and then chuckled. "What's on your mind?" I asked him worriedly.

"Nothing..." He lied. I could tell it was a lie mainly because he couldn't meet my eye and his voice cracked a little.

"Lucas! Don't lie to me." I spoke in a mother-like tone.
"What were you lost in my beauty or something?" I joked. He turned red and then laughed uneasily. Okay then.

The teacher came in to save him and began the class. Calum wasn't here today so I sat in his usual spot beside Luke. We were making decorations and stuff for the dance, it was extremely boring. Well it was boring, then me and Luke decided to play a game.

"Penis." I whispered.

"What?" He said confusingly. Then something clicked.
"Oh, penis." He said louder.

"Penis." I said a little louder, you still could barely hear it.

"Penis." He said loud enough for the people in front of us to hear.

"Penis." I said loud enough for at leased half the class to hear.

"Wanna bet five bucks on it?" Luke asked me as he pulled out his wallet. I agreed and then waited for him to go. By the smile on his lips I knew that this was going to be funny.

"Penis!" He yelled as loud as he could. There was many gasps and snickers, that was until Ms. Moriset turned around and yelled at Luke to go to the office, then the class went dead silent. He looked at me with a smirk played on his lips and then put his hand out. I put five bucks in his hand and then followed him out the door. My teacher gave me a questioning glance but didn't say anything.

We didn't bother to go to the office, we just went to our lockers to grab our stuff and then we left. I couldn't stop laughing, it was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time, the reactions of everyone was priceless.

"So, wanna come over?" I asked him as I pulled out of the parking lot. "Umm... I don't know.. I don't want to be a problem." He sauntered.

"It's not a problem, I want to hang out with you." I assured him. He nodded understandingly and then grabbed his notebook from the front pouch of his bag.

"What do you do on your free time Luke?" I ask, I'm mainly just trying to make conversation.

"Nothing really, I draw but that's all." He says, almost as if he's embarrassed about it.

"Can I see one of your drawings?" I ask him hopefully. As I drive I hear him flip a couple pages and then he finally chooses one to show to me. I stop at a red light and look over. What I see in front of me amazes me. I was a good drawer, but no where near as good as him.

He had drawn an angel, a dark angel to be exact. It had a boy in all black sitting on the ground crying, with his wings cut up and broken, but beside him was a lighter angel with her hand on his back in a comforting manner, as if she was saying 'it's going to be alright'. It was devastatingly beautiful.

"That is amazing Luke. Truly." I said in awe as I gawked at the picture. He blushed and shrugged it off as nothing.

I pulled up to my driveway and stopped the car. I completely forgot about my father and how he might be drunk so I decided to let Luke know.