• Chapter Ten •

We were now on our way to his house. After five minutes of blaring music and head banging we were finally in his driveway.

"Would you like to come in?" He asks me. I nodded my head and then followed him inside. I was greeted with a familiar scent of his cologne as soon as I walked in, it wasn't over powering, it was perfect. "Sorry it's a bit messy." He apologized. I shrugged it off and followed him to the kitchen.

It was fairly clean, the odd piece of garbage hung around, but other than that it was good so I don't quite understand what he meant by saying it was messy.

"So! I have an idea." He suddenly said after making a very suspicious looking lunch.

"Okay, what's the idea?" I ask, interested in what he had in mind.

"We ditch and go on a picnic." He suggests with a wide grin on his face. My smile instantly covers my face as I hop up and down in excitement. Even though me and Luke have only known eachother for two weeks or so, I feel like I've known him for years.

He grabs some bread and other sandwich supplies and makes four sandwiches, two for each of us. He also packs juice boxes, a bag of chips, and a blanket. Once everything is ready he packs it into the back of my car.

"I'm just going to use your bathroom, be right back." I say to him before I dash up the stairs and into the room that he directed me too. I go to the washroom and then begin to freshen up. Once I'm all ready I hop down the stairs and head to my car. Luke is already in there, mouthing the words to a song playing through the radio.

I hop in and pull out of the driveway. "So where to?" I ask him. He checks his phone for something before jabbing his finger to the left. I follow his instructions until we are deep in the woods. It's the kind like what they use in horror movies, the deep bush that is hidden away from everything.

"Are you going to kill me Luke?" I asked suspiciously while raising my eyebrows up and down. He laughs and says 'no' before telling me to stop. I park the car and follow him to the back to grab our supplies for the day.

He leads me through a thick brush. You can barely see anything, all there is is bugs, long grass, and trees. Finally after a couple minutes of walking through nature we came to an opening.

I gasped loudly causing Luke to chuckle and turn around to face me.

"Wow this is beautiful Luke." I managed to say. It was stunning, beautifully coloured trees, flowers, and animals scattered the land. It surprised me that all this was hidden and not known about.

I heard him mumble something under his breath along the lines of 'not as beautiful as...' But I didn't catch the rest. He smiled at me and interlocked our fingers, pulling on my arm.

"Follow me!" He said in a high pitched voice while squealing like a little girl. I giggled but followed him anyways.

He led me to a large tree, it was perfect for climbing, at the very top there was a large tree house. It was amazing.

"Did you build that?" I ask in shock, I didn't picture him as a builder. He nodded and blushed slightly when I gasped at it.

"Can we go in it?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says as he pulls out a ladder from behind the tree. It was a wooden ladder, made out of thick branches.

"Wow, just like magic." I smiled as I helped him sturdy it against the tree. "I guess so, I come here a lot." He said after brushing himself off and throwing some of our stuff into the tree house.

He climbed up first, I may have accidentally on purpose looked at his butt. But no one will ever know the real truth.

I climbed in after him, immediately being greeted by the smell of wood and flowers.  It was extremely beautiful. I noticed the wooden wall planks were covered in different drawings or paintings, the odd quote here or there.

"This is amazing!" I exclaimed walking towards the wall and tracing my fingers over a quote that said 'the blood in my veins is made of mistakes'
It was breathtaking.

"You're the first person I've ever shown this too." He spoke in a low tone behind me, I didn't know when he moved behind me but his front was basically pressed up against my back now. I'm not complaining, I don't really think he meant anything by it.
"I trust you paisley." He suddenly said after a couple moments of silence.

"I trust you too Luke." I said, deciding to lean back into his chest. He wrapped his arms around my torso and hugged me lightly, I snuggled into his muscular arms as we rocked back and forth. Man this boy gives great hugs.

"Can I say something crazy?" I say out of no where.

"I love crazy." He said in an over enthusiastic tone giggling slightly afterwards.
(I'm frozen af don't judge)

"You're my best friend. You are my favourite person, like out of everyone I know. I just feel so comfortable and... What's the word?" I trailed off for a moment, still wrapped in his arms, "Safe." I said snapping my fingers. "I feel safe with you Luke. You're just so nice and understanding and kind and handsome and sweet and caring and I wish that I could say that I was the same to you but I know I'm not and-" he stopped my babbling by leaning in and pecking my cheek lightly. As fast as it came, he was gone.

"Oh god. Oh my god... I'm sorry."
He stammered pulling away and looking at me with a hint of fear in his eyes. "Luke. Calm down, Its fine." I smiled, if I was being completely honest, I liked the feel of his lip ring against my skin. I saw his face physically relax before he pointed to the corner where the supplies lay, motioning for us to start setting this up.

I grabbed the bags and started setting everything up, he joined and soon we were setting up the picnic blanket. I sat down once it was ready and Luke sat down shortly after.

"Luke?" I said finally breaking the tension that was building up higher and higher by the second.
"Yes Paisley?" He said holding my gaze with a smile.

"What's your story?" I ask, he said he would tell me after I told him mine, but I didn't want to push it. There was a silence between us for a minute or two before he ran his fingers through his quiff and began.

"My parents.. They uhh died in a crash when I was younger, then my brothers moved away, leaving me all alone." He said simply, not showing any hint of emotion at all, not sadness, not anger, not anything. "I'm used to people leaving." He finished, staring down at the floor, still as frozen as a robot.

I felt my heart shatter for this boy. Here I was complaining about my life, when I at leased have my dad, he was all alone. "I'm sorry Luke.." I said. Not really knowing what else to say. He smiled half heartedly at me and grabbed a sandwich.

Way to kill the mood Paisley.

Great
Fücking
Job.

(A/N)
Okay...

Some of Luke's past is revealed.

Key word: Some.

Any questions?

Anyways thanks for reading. :)

-Caitllin