#17- W h a t I f

Pete's POV

Fuck my mission, I'm out.

I put the knife away and softly touched Patrick's hand. I shivered and tried to wake him up: "Patrick. We have to go"

"Where?", he moaned, half asleep.

"Home"

"Why?"

"Stop asking and hurry up"

"My head hurts so bad", he complained. As soon as he tried to get up his face lost all its color.
"The bathroom is over there", I sighed pointing to a white door. He stumbled backwards at first, then went straight to the bathroom. I reached him and watched as he threw up and cried in disgust.

"You've never tried drinking so much before, haven't you?"

"I didn't wanna drink anything, you forced me", he chuckled.

"Sorry", I shrugged "This is what happens when Brendon's around. Now let's go. You're too drunk to stay alone, you can stay with me for tonight. Tonight only"

He was too confused to answer, though. I helped him up and let him wash his face, then trailed him to my car, leaving behind us a sick snoring Brendon.

"Please, avoid to vomit here. Otherwise you'd have to clean up everything", I smirked before starting the engine.

The drive was silent, except when Patrick casually bursted out laughing.

"Woah, where did the party go?", he started mumbling and singing at some point "We're ending it on the phone. I'm not gonna go home alone. Woah, where did the party go?"

"Great. Is that one of your songs?"

"Sataaaaaan! Satan is coming!"

I giggled: "You're so fucking drunk"

"Come on", I pulled him out and ordered him to climb on my shoulders. After carrying him inside, I gently laid him down on one of my beds and wrapped the blankets around him. Helping Patrick that night had been like looking after a little kid, I felt extremely tired. After letting go of the boy's hand, which had gripped me tight, I glanced quickly at him before setting a glass of water with tylenol on the night stand.

***

Although I felt worn out, it was impossible for me to sleep, as always.

I wasn't feeling guilty at all for refusing to complete my mission. What pressed me more was the fact that I was getting too close to Patrick, which I found dangerous, really dangerous.

What was the best thing to do? I had no idea. Tell him who I really was and then leave him alone? Run away?

How about not living?

That wasn't a bad idea. I made sure to hide my little, sharp knife close enough and before shutting my eyes off I hummed what could become the line of a new song: "Have you ever wanted to disappear? "

*Author's Note*

Sorry this is short but I wrote it right now and... idk, I wasn't supposed to update, but I love writing this and I was bored, so... why not? :)

Dreammaker_222