#15- H e a l

Okay I know I only updated two days ago but damn I love writing this book so hERE'S ANOTHER UPDATE! yAy! I hope not to bother you with this chapter, it's a bit longer than the others and it's all feelings and stuff like that... little emotional roller coaster :') nothing fabulous tho, as always lol. Enjoy!!

Dreammaker_222

P.S. Shoutout to my friend falloutswift_13 , she just got Wattpad and would really appreciate if someone read her stories :)

Pete's POV

"Okay, we wrote the lyrics, we made up rhythm and melody, now try to sing it. Then, the next time we meet, we'll add guitar and bass. You just need to try the first part and the refrain", I said as I ate up a huge sandwich.

"This has been said so many times that I'm not sure if it matters"

Patrick's strong voice echoed into the silent house.

"But we never stood a chance

And I'm not sure if it matters

If you are the shores, I am the waves begging for big moons

I'm mailing letters to addresses in a ghost town

Your secret's out

I know this hurts, it was meant to

Your secret's out and the best part is it isn't even a good one

And it's mind over you don't, don't matter"

Two scribbled lines had turned into a painful, emotional song. The way we combined all the words in our lyrics and arranged them with a couple instruments was magic. Maybe it was even easier for Patrick to let his feelings out and write them on paper; maybe his sadness could become a strength point.

"From day one I talked about getting out

But not forgetting about

How my worst fears are letting out"

I started shouting these improvisational lines when Patrick's part was over. He stared at me in utter confusion.

"He said why put a new address

On the same old loneliness

When breathing just passes the time

Until we all just get old and die

Now talking's just a waste of breath

And living's just a waste of death

And why put a new address

On the same old loneliness

And this is you and me

And me and you

Until we've got nothing left"

"... Wow. You are a poet! How did that come out? I mean... you put all those words together perfectly, it was fabulous"

"Enough with music for today", I ignored his compliments and lowered my head. I felt incredibly sad all of sudden, at the realization of what I had said in my monologue.

"Hey", he took my hand. I froze immediately and looked at him, horrified "What's wrong? Was it something I said?"

"No, it wasn't, I'm okay", I said sternly.