Chapter 21: Running Late

"I'm so going to kill him!" I growl while the hair dresser curls my hair. Norman was late. Really late. And it's our wedding day.

"How can he be so forgetful." I mutter to myself knowing that the hair dresser could care less. Norman called and said he forgot the tie to his suit back at the house here in Georgia, so he drove back to get it. The ceremony is at two pm, and it's one forty seven. There is no way he'll make it back.

"Mum!" Cassidy squealed. She was eleven months old now, and was a little go getter. She loved to run around and make messes. Mingus ran in behind her and grabbed her.

"Sorry. She slipped away." He apologized. "That's alright. If Norman isn't back in time, stall. Do anything, just don't let me walk up the isle without him waiting on me." I begged. "Okay. Come on Cassidy." Mingus said to her and put her down to walk. "Bye babies." I said and Mingus rolled his eyes. He wasn't my son, but he was still a baby to Norman and I.

It was time. I stood up and went to the front of the isle with a good friend to walk me down the isle. "Andy! Where is he?" I whispered.

"He'll be here." He reassured me. I took a deep breath and tried to relax. I was sweating bullets right now. I was so anxious.

Mingus pulled little Cassidy down the isle in a wagon. She was the flower girl and Mingus was ring bearer. The whole crowd awed and while they obsessing over our baby, I seen Norman slip his way into his position at the front.

"Thank goodness," I breathed quietly. I glared at Norman for a split second and resumed my happy face when it was time for Andy to pull me down the isle. He had to drag me to get my feet to move. I was mad at Norman for being late, but I was so nervous about saying our vows. What if I forget what to say and can't repeat a line or two? I'd probably my cry out of embarrassment.

Finally I made my way up to Norman and he grabbed my hand. "You look beautiful." He whispered.

We said the vows and all I had to do was say two words. I do. I froze for a second and couldn't get the words out. Norman was staring at me, waiting for the words to spill out. I forgot what to say. Wait. Do I wanna marry him? "Hell yes!" I said. Norman grinned and picked me up in his arms and kissed me passionately.

"I love you!" He said into the kiss. "Love you more!" I said back. Mingus brought over Cassidy and she was smiling at Norman and I. "Hey sweetheart!" Norman said taking her out of Mingus' arms.

He kissed her little chubby cheeks and squeezed her tight before passing her over to me.

Norman and I had to stand and let people take pictures of us for a good hour. Then they wanted pictures of the kids and Norman and I with the kids. It was crazy. My eyes were starting to go blurry from all the flash.

The reception was gorgeous. We even got the chocolate and white chocolate fountains I wanted. Everyone was talking and chattering while I slipped over to the food.

I was still pissed at Norman and the moment I get a chance with him I'm going to tell him how it is.

Speak of the devil, here he is. "Skipping out on me already?" He teased and kissed my cheek.

"You were late. I was so pissed at you. I still am. Why were you late anyways?" I asked him. "I needed to get my tie," he explained. "And I was late because you have to finish first." He winked and pulled me close to him. I couldn't help but smirk and roll my eyes at his joke. "Yeah, well you weren't late the night I go pregnant, were you?" I teased. "Nice one sweetheart. You won't be saying that tonight." Norman dipped a strawberry into chocolate and took a bite.

"This was a great investment." He muttered while eating. We talked for a bit longer before it was time for our first dance. All the flash from the cameras were really bothering me. I understood that people wanted to remember this day with photos, but I wanted privacy.

At least on our honeymoon we'd have some peace and quiet. Norman and I arranged for Cassidy and Mingus to stay with a nanny for the week so the honeymoon would be just us.

Norman hasn't told me where we're going yet either. And I'm excited as hell. At the end of the night I told Cassidy and Mingus goodbye. I gave them both hugs and kisses and left with Norman.

"Where are we going?" I asked getting into the car. Norman hopped in the back too and told the driver to take us to the airport. "The airport? So we have to fly there?" I asked Normans as the answering any of my questions and it was pissing me off. "Norman!" "It's a surprise. Relax sweetheart." He said trying to calm me.

When we got to the airport we boarded our flight. We had first class and no one else's was here with us. "I'm going to change into something more comfortable." I said when after the flight took off and we were steady.

I grabbed the bag that I packed for lounging and took it to the bathroom. I changed into pajama pants and one of Norman's tshirts. I put my wedding dress back into the bag so it wouldn't get damaged on out trip.

I headed back out to our seats and Norman was already changed and in his seat. "Come here beautiful," he said softly and pulled me into his lap. I sat down and let him hold me in his arms. "You're the best thing that ever happen to me." He whispered.

I smiled and kissed his lips. Sharing a long, passionate kiss with your husband is something one can never get used to. Now all I wanted to know was where we were going.

*****
❤️Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥