Chapter 1: Daily Life

"Sophie! Sophie over here!" I heard my name being shouted in all different directions. The bright lights of all the cameras was blinding me, but I held my smile. I was ushered off the red carpet and ushered into the venue. "Sophie can you sign this?" A man said trying to shove through the security guards. "Sure," I smile and scribbled my initials down on the photo. SMB. Sophie Mae Burrows. I had remind myself over and over again that I was an actress, singer and artist. That's exactly what order I worked in too. I would focus on movies and tv shows, then my music, and then my art. Painting was always a passion of mine.

I got up to the meet and greet booth and took a seat. When the doors from outside opened, hundreds of people rushed through. I was aghast at the sight. All these people lined up to see me.

After a few hours of signing photos, I returned to my hotel room with my agent, Margaret. "So, I have a few movies that you might be interested in." She said pulling out some papers from her briefcase. "Really? Let's take a look." I said sitting on the sofa. "First one is... A vampire?" She said raising her eyebrows. "No thank you," I laughed. "This is a smaller part, and you'll play..." She looked through the paper for a minute, "a wife." I shook my head, "that's not my thing," I said. "Oh! I like this one." She smiled and handed me the script. "Female DEA officer arrests a potential drug dealer, who then lives with her in order for her to catch the biggest drug supplier in the city. The two fall in love. Partial romance." I nodded my head and smiled, "sounds fun." She pulled out her cellphone. "Do you want the part?" She asked. "I'm not sure, how long do I have to decided?" I asked. "About three minutes." She said holding her phone. "Then yes." I said unsure.

While Margaret went to call the casting manager of the movie I relaxed on the couch, scrolling through Twitter looking at pictures of fans and I. "Great news! You have an audition tomorrow!" I smiled, "Awesome! I wonder who else is in the cast?" She picked up the script. "Uh... Norman Reedus? Ever heard of him?" I shook my head, "I don't think I have." She nodded, "well I have to go. I'll be here tomorrow at eight to pick you up for your audition."

~

A knock at my door woke me up. I rolled over to see the clock. It was 7:25 a.m. I scrambled over to open the door and seen Margaret staring at me with a very disapproving look on her face. "Sorry! I forgot to set my alarm." I said rushing to get dressed. "You're just lucky I came when I did." She said typing something into her phone. "Paul! We might be a little late!" She said into her phone. I slipped on a sundress and pair of heeled boots. Luckily my hair was still up from the previous night and I didn't have to worry about that. Adding some make up I was ready to go. "Sophie come on! The driver is waiting!" Margaret yelled. Running to get in the elevator I almost tripped. "Don't be nervous. You'll do fine." She said.

We arrived at additions and my stage fright was coming back. I quickly ran inside trying to avoid the citizens of California that roamed the streets. "Have a seat and Paul will be right with you. Can I get you anything?" A women asked. "Coffee please." I smiled. She left and I looked over at Margaret who had a cold look to her. "What's wrong?" I asked. "I forgot something," she started, "about the script." I raised my eyebrows indicating for her to go on. "There is a sex scene, but-" "Margaret! How could you skip over something like that?" If you didn't know, I don't do sex scenes. At all. "I'm not auditioning for this!" I said getting up. "You can't back down! Paul will kill us!" She whispered violently to me. "Miss Burrows? Paul will see you now," a woman called. "And here's your coffee." I gulped and thanked her. I let Margaret lead the way and hung back a little.

"Have a seat," a man with glasses and no hair said. Taking a seat in front of him, I set my coffee down on a coaster. "So... Sophie Burrows, twenty-six, blonde, blue-eyes, five feet four inches, one-hundred and thirtry five pounds, singer, painter, went to Burklee Collage of Music for two years, has been nominated for best actress for three years in a row, won once. You don't do nudity scenes... Huh? Well that right there is a problem." He said. I automatically turned red and looked to Margaret for answers. "She's willing to do them, we just haven't had time to update her résumé with all the publicity." Margaret said. I had half a notion to slap her across the face for degrading me like that. I don't do nudity scenes and for her to tell him I do was unbelievable. "I see." He said. "Send her to Paul." The man said and a woman led me alone into another room. "Hello, have a seat." A man said. He got up and grabbed a stack of papers. "I'm Paul. I'd like for you read this lines here with Mr. Edwards, our script writer." He handed me a large packet of papers. "Sure."

Halfway through the lines, I realized that the language in this movie was revolting.

"Are you fucking kidding me, you don't know shit about me!" I instantly asked God for forgiveness as I read them.

"That's what you think, but you hide under this badass persona when really your a little fucking kid. You have stuff animals all over your bed and you play piano, but outside in public, you're just a hard ass." Edwards said.

"So you were in my room? Who do you think you are? I saved your ass from being put in jail, the only reason you're here is so we can find the dealer! I don't even like you!" I yelled. I was really getting to the script.

"You know what... You're afraid. I know exactly who you are! You try to hide it, but I remember. That girl that was raped and beaten 8 years ago, that's you. That's why you're afraid because you think that it's gonna happen again."

I could feel myself tearing up as that line was read, and I think it put a good mood to the scene. "Just- just go away. I'm not afraid either, I'm mad!"

"Why! Why you mad?"

"Because! You're right!"

Paul started clapping, "that was great, good job with the crying too. I think we found our lead female. Don't you think?" He asked Edwards. "Yeah, I think we have." I smiled and stood up to shake his hand. "Thank you so much, I can't wait to work with you," Actually I could. I'm not looking forward to the nudity scene. "So here's my number," Paul handed me his card. "You have one month until we start the first read through," he said gathering his things. "Where is the first one?" I asked. "I will give you the address when the time comes, but it's here in California." I nodded knowing I would have to travel back out here from home, which is New York City.

"How'd it go?" Margaret asked. "Good. I got the part, but I'm still mad at you," I said walking away from her. "It's okay Sophie, you don't really have to have sex on screen." I scoffed at her, "it doesn't matter, it's going out of my comfort zone. I don't care anymore. I'm going back home, I'll see you in a few weeks." I said then called for a taxi.

******
❤️Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥