Chapter 14: Confused Couple

A week later I had a small CD signing at the local coffee shop. I go here all the time and they were happy to have me here. Norman and I went here as well. It gave me memories and made me angry, but he walked out on me. It was his loss, not mine.

Halfway through the day as I was signing CDs another fan approached me. "Hi, what's your name?" I asked the man wearing a big hoodie and sunglasses. "Norman Reedus," he said. I was so furious right now. He wouldn't leave me alone. I put my sharpie down and stood up. "Go away!" I shoved the CD, without my signature on it, in his chest. "C'mon, I just wanna talk." He tried to reason.

Tyler wasn't around today, and Norman wanted to give it a try. So maybe I could- no I can't! But, as he took those ray bans off and I saw the crystal blue eyes behind them, I had to say yes. "Okay, meet me at my apartment at nine! And don't be late!" Norman smirked and walked off down the street and I sat down to continue my signing.

Later that evening I rushed home so I could clean up my apartment. It's been quite a mess lately because I've been busy running errands, doing signings, photo shoots, you name it!

It was almost eight and I still haven't showered yet. I don't know why I was so worried about appearances tonight. I mean, he's seen me naked and he's seen me all sweaty and disgusting, why should I be worried?

Well, maybe it's because there's a lot of competition theses day with him being so fucking famous!

I don't know why it never worked out between us. Norman never cheated on me, he didn't lie. I think it was his son, to honest. I think Mingus broke up apart. I know for sure that's why we broke up the first time. And when Norman left the other day it was because he thought Tyler and I were a couple when clearly we weren't.

Norman had a lot of jealous issues form what I could see, he's always been like that, but like I said be forex he's gotten worse since I last saw him.

I must've been to caught up in my thoughts because the doorbell rang and I quickly went to answer it. I opened the door and Norman stood there with some flowers. "These are for you." He said coming in. "Aw thank you." I put the flowers on the table. "I brought a guest with me." Norman mentioned. "Who?"

A boy with blonde hair walked into my apartment. It was Mingus. He was taller than Norman now. It's been so long since I've seen him. "Oh,"

"Listen I'm really sorry about what happened a few years ago. I was going through puberty and I wasn't myself. I'm so sorry. I hope you forgive me because I'm a huge fan and if hate for you to hate me." He said holding my hand, begging.

"I couldn't hate you. And I forgive you." I smiled. Mingus took a deep breath and nodded. "Cool, cool."

"Can he stay?" Norman asked. I couldn't actually kick a kid out on the street, not that I would, but still it was awkward with him here. "Yeah, it's fine."

"Would you like anything to drink? I have soda, water, milk, juice?" I asked heading toward the kitchen. "Soda please," Mingus said. "Soda." Norman and Mingus sat down at my kitchen table very quietly.

While I got there drinks, Mingus spoke up. "Sophie, my dad is really sorry." I almost dropped the glass and turned around.

"Mingus don't." Norman warned. "No! I'm tired of you sitting around like you care about her. You know you do! I know you do. And so does she, but you're just too scared to say anything!" Mingus argued.

"I told you not to bring it up when we came to see her! I'm trying to fix things! Be friends! I'm doing this right Ming. And you adding your two sense in isn't gonna help!" Norman got up and walked out the door. "Norman! Wait!" I yelled running after him.

I darted down the hallway ignoring all the looks I was getting. Norman jumped into an elevator and I slipped in before it closed. "Go away Sophie!" He growled.

"So now you don't wanna see me? I don't get you Norman. One minute you won't leave me alone and your begging me to hang out with you, then I see you and you don't want me around! Help me understand this!" I screamed as the elevator went to the bottom floor.

"You got that Tyler guy! Go ask him to hang out!" He yelled. The elevator stopped and Norman got out. "Don't get all jealous again. Tyler is my friend. He was there when you weren't." Norman scoffed. As we got outside of the apartment building he lit up a cigarette.

"Your son is still at my apartment, you know?" I mentioned. "Yeah, well he's a big boy." I couldn't believe how he was acting right now. "Norman will you please just listen to me?" I asked.

He stopped right in front of me, and I ran into him. "What?" I took a deep breath, "what do you want? Do you want me, or do you not? Because I'm too old for these games."

Norman flicked his cigarette out and grabbed my face forcefully smashing his lips against mine in a very rough manner. I heard the sound of camera clicking but ignored it. I was too focused on the feeling of Normans lips on mine. When he pulled away I heard him whisper lowly, "I want you Sophie, I want this to work." Looking up at him he was crying.

"I still love you." He said. "I want you too and I never stopped loving you either." I whispered. He smiled at me and looked around at the crowd we gathered. "We should go back inside, they're all watching."

"Right." We pulled apart and walked back inside. We took the elevator back upstairs and when I got in my apartment Mingus was sitting on my couch watching TV. "I didn't think you guys were ever gonna come back." He smirked. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." Norman said walking over and ruffling his hair.

We decided that Mingus would sleep on the couch and Norman would sleep in my room. "Room for one more?" He joked as he walked in after getting a shower. "I guess." I moved over towards the wall while he climbed in. "First time we actually slept together. You know, without the sex." He mentioned throwing the pillows towards me. I remembered that he never slept with pillows. "It's nice to just sleep. It's relaxing." I mumbled feeling myself getting sleepy.

"Yeah." Norman said and pulled me closer to him as he got comfortable. "Norman, you changed since I last saw you a few years ago." I said in his chest. "We both changed. I became a grumpy old man and you became this beautiful, young, and independent spirit." I blushed and shook my head. "No I didn't. I'm a shy, bipolar women."

"No. Not one bit." He kissed my nose and I wrapped my arms around him. "I was! One minute I wanted you and the next I hated you. And I have a question. Do you really find it funny that I wrote an album about you and called it Norman Reedus Broke My Heart? Because the day you told me that you knew it, you laughed. And it hurt my feelings that you laughed. You can be such an asshole sometimes." I playfully punched his stomach and he caught my hands, interlocking our fingers.

"Yes I found it funny, but more cute than funny. And I'm sorry, but after listening to the album the only two things I could think of were Norman Reedus Broke My Heart and Norman Reedus Bought My Hamster!" He was so silly at times, and that's what I missed the most about him. His humor. "Okay crazy pants. Get some sleep." I kissed him lightly on the lips and we both went to sleep.

*****
❤️Comment & Vote!

Thanks ~ InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥