Chapter 9: Write It Out

When Norman got back, a boy about ten with blonde hair and the same bright blue eyes was behind him.

"Mingus this is Sophie, Sophie, Mingus." Norman said biting his thumb nail, waiting for one of us to speak.

"Hi Mingus! Nice to meet you!" He nodded his head and hid behind Norman. "Sorry. He's a little shy."

"It's fine." I told Norman. Jayson finished dressing Norman and I. Then we finally got in front of the white screen.

We did a few poses and made silly faces at each other. After a few hours of taking photos, Norman and I decided to go home so Mingus could rest up. He kept yawning and falling asleep during the whole shoot.

"Thanks so much Jayson." I hugged him and kissed his cheek. "Get it touch with me darling!" He passed me a card with his name and number on it. "Oh I will!" Norman said a quick goodbye to Jayson and we went out to the car.

"So Mingus do you like Georgia?" I turned in my seat to face him. "I guess." He shrugged and sighed, leaning back against the seat. He was either really shy, or just didn't like me. "Mingus? What do you want for dinner?"

"I'm not hungry." He mumbled in the back seat. When we got home, I started dinner for Norman and I.

I made a simple steak and salad, I even made Mingus some incase he got hungry. "Thanks for dinner sweetheart." Norman kissed me on the lips quickly. From the corner of my eye I could see Mingus roll his eyes.

I skipped out on telling Norman. Mingus was probably just grossed out.

Later that night Norman and I sat on the couch going through our photos, trying to pick one to post to the web to announce we are together publicly.

"I like this one," I pointed to the one of us holding each other and staring into each other's eyes.

"Me too!" Norman said. We decided to post that one and we got good feedback. A few girls hated me, but they were just haters and we didn't let them get to us.

"So how long is this going to last?" Mingus spoke up. "How long will what last?" I asked. He laughed, "your relationship. Dad gets a new girl every week." Mingus said rudely.

"Mingus!" Norman shouted. "I'm just sick of different girls every week!" He complained. Mingus got up and ran to his bedroom. "I'm gonna talk to him," Norman said and ran after Mingus.

I could hear the shouting from the living room and I knew this wasn't going to end well. Norman came back out into the living and sat down.

"Sophie, I love my son more than anything. And my son isn't happy with us being together right now." This was it! This was our breakup. "You're breaking up with me?" I asked in disbelief. "Think of it as a break," he grabbed my hand but I pulled away. "No Norman! You made your choice!"

I got up and ran to our room, or should I say his room. I packed up my stuff and made sure I had everything so I wouldn't have to come back. For the first time in my life, I actually let someone in and they just tear me down.

Taking my bag out the living room, Norman gets up and stops me. "Where are you going?"

"Back where I belong!" I yell. "I let you in and you just ruined it, all because your son doesn't want us together!"

"You know what! My son comes first. If you weren't such a selfish bitch maybe he would actually like you." He was in my face yelling and I couldn't stand it.

"Goodbye Norman Reedus!" I cried and ran out the door with my stuff. I had no car and I didn't have a ride to the airport so I called up Jayson.

"Hello?"

"Jayson, it-it's Sophie. Could you come pick me up?" I cried into the phone.

"Honey what's wrong?" He asked.

"I'll tell you when you get here," I cried.

"Okay, sweetie. Text me the address."

I quickly typed the address the Jayson and he picked me up in less than fifteen minutes. "Oh honey what's wrong?" He hugged me tightly.

"Normans son didn't like me, so he told us to take a break, then he called me a selfish bitch." I wiped my nose with my sleeve and Jayson opened my door.

We went back to Jayson's house for the night and it was very clean and homey. He got me a cup of hot tea and I thanked him.

"Jayson I don't know what to do. I left New York to spend time with Norman, now I'm stuck here in Georgia!" I couldn't believe I was that stupid to think there were good guys left out there. Yes, Norman was trying to make his son happy, but if he really cared about me he would've told his son to suck it up. And the part that scared me the most was when Mingus said 'he gets a new girl every week."

I wouldn't be surprised to be honest. Norman was very attractive and charming. He knew how to make a girl fall to his feet, literally.

Jayson handed me a notebook with a pen. "Write it out honey. Write it out." He was right. I was going to write about this, and I was going to make an album all about how Norman Reedus broke my heart.

******
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I have two new stories coming out. A Norman Reedus teacher/student Ddlg love story, and a Daryl Dixon pre apocalypse love story!

❤️Please vote, comment, and follow! Also check out my other stories!

Thanks ~InSearchOfFlames 🔥🔥🔥