Missfortune

Authors note is important. Please read. Enjoy.

Danielle's P.O.V.

I went in the back of the hotel and grabbed my bow. We were working on building a fence and I was on watch. The stairs of the fire escape creaked as I stepped up them. One zombie came into view about thirty feet away and within seconds my arrow was in its head. Another zombie came a few seconds later. Ok two, I can handle that. My next arrow was piercing the creature between the eyes. Another one in a long blue nightgown and one pink torn slipper hobbled into view. I was getting confused, but still killed it. I got out binoculars and looked. I dropped them almost instantly.

"Jake!" I screamed running down the escape. Everyone came running just in time to turn and see the group of at least seventy zombies quickly move towards us.

"OH MY GOSH!" Amarah whisper-screamed, being careful not to have more zombies hear her.

Suddenly, Daryl appeared out of nowhere. "I got this." He confidently stated. He continued to randomly pull a grenade out if his pocket, which I decided not to question, and threw it to the group of zombies.

The zombies moved closer to the grenade in curiosity as it waited to explode. The zombies started to turn back to us, not seeing the grenade as a threat, when in exploded, killing all but 3. I whipped my bow up and loaded it with an arrow, as I shot one zombie, and finished off the rest, by repeating the same action.

"W-where did that grenade come from anyway?" Collin questioned, soon after we regained our calmness.

"My pocket." Daryl answered sarcastically as Collin rolled his eyes, not bothering to say anything else.

****(nighttime)

Amarah's P.O.V.

I woke up randomly in my sleep, noticing my mouth was very dry. I fluttered my eyes open, sighing, and went to get something to drink.

It was then when I heard a man scream, you know, in a manly voice I guess. My eyes widened, and I froze, waiting for another sound.

Moments later, nothing sounded, so I sprinted up stairs with a knife. When i came into Daryl's room I spotted Daryl on his bed, blood gushing from his skull, and I knew he was already dead. Before I even let it sink in, I also saw a zombie with a dirty flannel shirt ripped on one shoulder, and dirty blue jeans bending over Daryl's body devouring his brain and ran up, then stabbed his temple, taking the knife out after a moment, watching it fall to the ground. I immediately picked up its body and chucked it out the window, making a mental note to better secure that window.

I turned my attention back to Daryl's lifeless body and weeped, because he was the reason we were alive. He was the reason we were at this place. He was also the first death... Which made me feel sick and wonder what this world has come to.

****(next morning)

Jake's P.O.V.

The group gasped in unison. Amarah had just told us the news, tears brimming at the edge of her eyes. This was a cruel world. A cruel, cruel word indeed.

Hours later

I grabbed Daryl's lifeless body and set it in the hole that Collin, Conner, and I dug up that morning. Mya just sat there staring at his body while Amarah was soaking Collins shirt in tears and Danielle was crying on Conners shoulder, and Kylie was on his other one. Now I started to get mad. Mya wasn't even upset that someone had died. I just stormed away. And let a tear slip down my face while doing so.

[A\N]

Hey so yeah I know its short but hey come on. People begged. Sorry for the sadness but if theres a zombie story you should expect a death or two.

Hey I've got a special surprise for all my Danielle lovers out there in the next chapter.

And also we changed the cover again. So I have the actors for the characters. So heres the official, in our minds, actor list.

Danielle........Bethany Mota

Jake...............Drew Roy

Amarah..........Anasophia Robb

Mya................Leven Rambin

Conner...........Alexander Ludwig

Collin..............Josh Hutcherson

Kylie................Isabelle Furhman

So thats that.

~kaitlyn

um, same thing she said. ;) remember to vote, comnent, and share! dont be a silent reader! baiiiii! ~marlee