Kill or be Killed

"ugh..." I moaned as I woke up. My eyes were still closed as I layed there for a minute. I was laying on my stomach with the comforter up to my shoulder blades, my face pressed sideways against my pillow that my arms were underneath. I opened my eyes and looked at the calendar, then the alarm clock. It was April 23 2014 10:03 AM. I looked around my bedroom. My dog, Max, a german sheapord, layed at the bottom of my bed. Everything looked normal. But I heard something suspicious outside, little did I know that was the day my life would change. 

* * * * * *

My name's Danielle, I'm a 15 year old girl. I have long brown wavy hair. I've been taking archery classes since I was 7, so I'm pretty good at it. I have a mom and dad and also a dog living with me. I live in a small neighborhood with nice neighbors.

* * * * * *

I stood up off of my bed and groggily yawned and stretched. Doing so woke Max up, and he walked to my side in protection and worryness (if that's even a word). We both carefully stepped towards my bedroom window, opened the curtains, and I gasped in horror at the sight.

The noise I heard... was hundreds of zombies moaning and hobbling around the streets. I pinched myself to check if I was dreaming, I wasn't. I blinked, looked away at my bed, and back. They still roamed the neighbourhood.

Max also was surprised, I could tell he held in a bark, knowing the zombies might hear, being the brilliant dog he is. He looked at me as if to tell me, "we'll make it, don't worry."

I quickly shut the curtains and ran downstairs, Max following. I searched the house for my parents; nowhere to be found. I remembered last night they went to get groceries, and maybe before they got back they... I tried to stop thinking about it.

I looked through the window to see if the car was there, and it wasn't. They didn't make it home. I was glad the doors were locked, or else I wouldn't be here either. I wasn't sure where to go or what to do. I knew I shouldn't leave the house, but I can't stay here forever. I had to decide quickly though, a zombie could burst in any second.

"BANG! BANG! BANG!" I heard a loud banging noise and held in a scream.

"BANG! BANG! BANG!" the noise sounded again, this time louder. I just hoped it wasn't a zombie.

~*~*~*~*~*

[A/N] first story, first chapter, you know. might not be too exciting. I wasnt sure how long to make it, sorry if its short! Let me know what you thought. ....if there are any readers haha. any questions, suggestions, comments, etc? Once again, that is if there are any readers. :)