Chapter 15

Phil's pov:

Dan and I had been together again for two weeks and he seemed happier. He ate more, and didn't spend most of his time asleep. A few times we had gone out to meet up with Chris and Pj but not often as I wasn't trying to push him out into society after everything he had gone through, it was completely up to him whether he went out or not. Last time I asked he said he hadn't self-harmed and I believed him, I told him he needed to tell me if he did just so I would be able to help him.

I walked into the kitchen to see Dan sitting on the counter, sipping coffee. He looked up and smiled at me when he noticed me leaning in the doorway.

"Good morning sleepy." He grinned.

"Dan it's like nine o'clock, how does that make me sleepy? It's still early."

"Because Philip, I was up before you witch makes you the sleepy one. Not me for once." His smile pushed a dimple into one cheek as he laughed at my pouty from being called Phillip.

"Well Daniel. For once I will be grateful of the  extra sleep because we have a party to go to this evening with Chris and Pj... you know, if you want to." I felt like I had sprung that on him way too quickly.

"Yeah that would be great."

"Err o.k, if it gets too much tell me and we can leave."

"Phil I'll be fine, but thanks. What do you want to do till then? Maybe we should go out, I think I need a new shirt for tonight since mine are all kind of... baggy." He looked down at the floor, ashamed at himself.

"Yeah that's a good idea Dan, I'll help you pick some but you have to help me because I need new stuff but stop me from buying too much because you know I go kinda crazy with buying things I don't need." I laid the enthusiasm on heavy to cheer Dan up and distract him from his mind.

--------

"Hey Dan, what do you think of this shirt?" I held up a top with pancakes on it.

"Phil that's... I don't know it's kinda gross but also makes me hungry." He looked confused before laughing at my fashion choices.

"I think I'll get it. Have you found anything you like yet?" He held up a black t.shirt with Damien Hirst's diamond skull pictured on the front. "That's really cool, are you o.k with the short sleeves?"

"Well not exactly but I can always wear a hoodie over it or maybe a checkered shirt. Can we look for one actually? A shirt."

"Yeah, I think I saw a rack or them back near the black jumper you liked."

"Well that's a double win then because I wanted to check out the jumper again."

I rolled my eyes at how much black clothing Dan had, he was dressed in all black including his shoes and was still looking at more black clothes. His wardrobe varied in blacks and grays with the occasional shirt that was so brightly coloured it burned your retinas, I mostly mean his space llama top.

"See look here's the rack I told you about. As many checkered shirts as you can hold."

"O.k Phil, you may be way too enthusiastic about checkered shirts but I only need a couple."

I held up shirts in reds and blues but he shook his head, they were probably too bright for him. My thoughts were confirmed when he picked out two identical shirts. One was dark green vertically with even darker green running horizontally, the second was a purple version. Both of them had black buttons to add to the theme of darkness.

"Wow Dan you picked like the two darkest shirts on the rack."

"Correction, I didn't pick 'like' the two darkest shirts, I did pick the two darkest shirts." He flashed a confident smirk before going back a few rows and grabbing the black jumper from before. "Do you have everything you want to buy?"