chapter 39

Leia was buried that same day on a nearby planet. Most of the Resistance was present and they allowed Ben to attend though, heavily guarded as no one fully trusted him yet. Ben held my hand through out the whole thing, and he cried as her body was lowered into the ground. I knew he felt the blame. But i wasn't going to let him blame himself.

After the funeral i sent Ben off to the medical wing to rest and Poe caught up to me.

"Siena," he said.

"Yeah," i smiled at him though his face seemed uncertain about something. "What is it?" I asked.

"Its just," he started. "In really sorry about what happened on the base, i shouldn't have yelled at you or said that about Ben or you, i promised i'd help you and i should of-"

"Poe!" I cut him off. "You have no reason to apologize, you came to rescue me, like any good friend would, and you did help me, you really did, i understand why you didn't want me to stay there. I don't blame you for anything."

He looked relieved. "Thank you Siena."

I shook my head. "No, i thank you for coming for me. And I'm sorry you and the others were out in danger for nothing."

"No, its fine," he said. We'd put our selves in danger for you any day."

I laughed. "Thank you Poe."

He smiled. "I'm glad you got Ben back."

"So am i," i smiled.

Then he noticed the ring on my left hand and grabbed my hand to inspect it.

"Please don't say lover boy proposed," he said in mock fear.

"Shut up idiot," i laughed. "And yes he did propose."

Poe smirked. "Cute very cute."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course we're cute."

Poe scoffed. "Well ill let you back to lover boy now," he grinned. "See ya later Siena."

I smiled. "Bye Poe." I walked away towards Ben.

"Oh and Siena!" Poe called after me. "I am going to be the best man at your wedding."

"Ill ask Ben," i laughed.