Chapter Twenty-Five: Only One

++Chapter Twenty-Five: Only One++

"Never change yourself so others will like you. Just be yourself and the right people will love you just for being you." -Unknown

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLARA STONE

I watch as Asher storms out of the room. I glance at Liam, who is still on top of me and clutching his face, where Asher punched him. I slide out from under Liam, and run out of his room and into the hallway.

I see him, nearly running out of the house. I quicken my speed, and run out of the house, just behind him. Asher walks to his car, and is about to open the door, when I tackle him to the ground.

He falls down on his back, with me on top of him. I straddle his chest, and watch as he breaths heavily, exhausted from his running. I do the same, thank god I am not in PE anymore.

Asher looks at me with his light blue eyes that are full of anger. I keep on panting, and staring him straight in the eye.

"Why did you punch him?" I ask, trying to keep my voice tranquil.

Asher stares up at me, and shrugs his shoulders, "It was the anger, and I couldn't exactly punch you,"

I sigh, and stand up, stepping to one side of his body. I extend my hand down to him, and he grabs it with his smooth skin. I shiver at the skin contact, it feels so right.... But it's not. I hoist him up off of the ground, and help him stand up.

Asher gives me a grateful smile, and let's go of my hand, leaving my insides cold. I glance at Asher, and then a wave of guilt washes over me. You just ruined their friendship even more....I did. I probably made Asher dislike Liam, knowing Liam he is probably just a bit upset. He loves Asher so much, I have never seen someone care about another so much.

"I am sorry, I should have told you that me and Liam got back together....." I trail off, trying to release a bit of my guilt.

Asher frowns, and his eyebrow twitches, "What? You are back together? When did this happen?" he asks, furrowing his brows.

I sigh, "Monday..." I trail off, looking at Asher's hurt expression on his face.

He shakes his head, and I can see how angry and sad he is, "So it did occur to you that when we were getting ice cream, that you should tell me?" he asks, bitterness laced with his words.

He's right, I should have told him sooner. I can't seem to do anything right lately. I wrecked me and Liam's relationship, then I wrecked me and Asher's friendship, what next?

"Asher... I am sorry, I know you are mad and I apologize," I say, my voice nearly hoarse.

He shakes his head, denying my words, "Clara, we both know a very interesting fact about you," he says quietly.

I frown, and raise an eyebrow at him, "Which is?" I ask, trying to figure out what he is referring to.

"I am the only one that knows you. I am the only one that understands you. Liam doesn't like you, he likes the idea of you. He likes the Clara who is popular, who is bitchy at times and hot. He doesn't like the Clara who is a music nerd, who is super nice, and funny. I know it's hard to believe but Liam is the most popular guy in school, you are the most popular girl in school. It doesn't matter what you really act like to him, all he cares about is the Clara who is popular. Liam started liking you because he thought you were strong, and fierce," he says quietly while fiddling with the sleeve of his grey hoodie.