Chapter Twenty: Sleep Guilt

++Chapter Twenty: Sleep Guilt++

"I can't promise to fix all of your problems, but I can promise you won't have to face them alone," -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I roll over onto my other side, and groan loudly. Why can't I sleep? I have been trying to sleep ever since Asher left, but I feel incomplete, I feel sad. I look over at my clock on my bedside table and notice it is two am. I have been at this for almost five hours!

I deserve this. Especially for what I did do to Liam. I deserve to be up until the end of the world crying. I was an idiot, and I hurt him. I also affected Liam and Asher's relationship.

I hear some knocking sounds from downstairs, and I quickly hop off my bed and walk out of my room. I feel like one of those girls in horror films, who you really don't want to go in the direction of the noise, but she does.

I walk down the hallway with my back facing the wall. Then I stealthily sprint through the mezzanine and down the stairs. The loud banging noise repeats, and I can hear it is coming from outside. Who the heck is knocking at my door at this time of the night?

I briskly walk over to the door, and notice it is unlocked. I should probably start locking it.... I pull open the door, to reveal a figure staring at me, with his intense blue eyes.

"Why are you here?" I ask, raising an eyebrow at him.

I quickly look down at my outfit to see I am wearing my short pajama shorts and a tank top. I self-consciously cross my arms over my chest and wait for his answer.

He combs a hand through his light brown hair and shrugs his shoulders, "I was worried," he says, his voice husky and low.

"It's two am, Asher!" I exclaim.

His light coloured lips curve up into a smirk, "This time I knocked, just like I said I would,"

I chuckle at the boy, "Why should I let you in here?" I ask.

His electric blue eyes peer into mine, and he gives me a genuine smile, "I know you are hurt, so just let me rid of a bit of that hurt,"

How does he... Oh right, he did see me almost break down. He also got thrown out of my house by me. I stare at Asher, trying to make up my mind about what I should do. If I let him in.... I will be letting an extremely attractive guy at two am, which won't make Liam, Alice, or my parents happy.

If I don't let him in though, I might be hurting myself. I will be rolling around my bed for ten more hours aimlessly, until I finally fall asleep. If I do let him in though, what will we even do?

I sigh and open the door wider. I take a step to the side to let Asher in. He gives me a small smile before slipping his shoes off. I close the door, that leads out into pure darkness and then turn back to face the beautiful boy.

He wraps his arms around my waist, and I feel comfort. I feel a spark of hope ignite in my soul. I wrap my arms around his waist tight, and don't plan on letting go anytime soon.

"Do you want me to sleep with you?" he asks.

"What?" I ask, quickly breaking the embrace we were sharing.

Asher smiles a toothy smile and laughs, and I swear his real laugh is just as beautiful as him, "I meant like, do you want me to help you sleep?" he asks, raising an eyebrow at me.

I nod my head slowly, "That might be inappropriate, but I don't care. I can't fall asleep, it hurts a lot. Not that Liam broke up with me, but more about what I did to him. Yes I like Liam, but I made the two of you go through so much pain....." I trail off, blinking constantly to stop from crying.

Asher gives me a quick hug, and pats my back, "Come on, let's get you to sleep Clara,"

Asher lets go of my waist and grabs my hand. He guides me up the stairs to the mezzanine, clutching onto my hand firmly. I lead him to my room from the hallway, and open the door.

My room isn't at all what you would expect from a popular girl. It isn't covered with pictures of hot boys or anything like that, it is covered in sheet music. My walls are a white colour, and I have covered both of my two free walls with old sheet music. Up against the back wall is my room that has a light blue ruffle duvet. To the side is my closet, that is averagely sized.

I have a bookcase pressed against one of my walls, and next to it is my desk that has my laptop on it. I have books scattered all over the desk, and papers. Yes, I actually do try in school. That is why I was so distressed about failing pre-calculus.

"Your room says a lot about you," he says quietly examining the space.

I nod my head, and let go of his smooth and soft hand, "What about yours?" I ask, realizing I have never been to Asher's house.

He shrugs his shoulders, "Pretty basic, I live with my parents. My room is--- I see what are you trying to do there!" he exclaims loudly, pointing at me accursedly.

I look at him innocently and frown, "What am I trying to do?" I ask.

"You were trying to find out about me," he says quietly.

I nod my head, "I want more, but I don't mind. It's your life, and yes we are friends, but you don't need to tell me everything. I don't tell you everything, so I respect that,"

He gestures to my bed, "You want to sleep?" he asks, dismissing the topic.

I nod my head glancing at my messy bed. I walk over to my light switch and turn it off, I then walk over to my bed and lay down on it. I hear shuffling noises, and I wrinkle my forehead together. What is he doing?

I then hear something fall to the ground, cloth. Asher is taking his clothes off. I repeat, Asher, my ridiculously hot friend who I kissed is sleeping with me with no clothes on!

I hear the duvet crinkle, and the bed dips. I glance over and peer into the darkness trying to see Asher. I squint, but I cannot see him at all. That's a good thing, you pervert. Asher slides down on the bed next to me, and I feel the warmth of his bare muscular chest press up against my arm.

I almost expect him to make a move, but instead he rolls over onto his back. I hear him sigh.

"Good night Clara," he says in a husky voice.

"Good night Asher, thank you," I reply to him.

I feel his arm wrap around my waist and I smile at the warmth he provides. I know he's hot, but he is warm too. I scoot closer to him, until the side of his chest is pressed up against mine.

I close my eyes, and slowly drift off into a deep slumber. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just getting back into my school schedule, so there should be more regular updates soon! Hope you guys like it!

-Misaxx