Chapter 7; Get Her Back

Hannah's POV:

"How do you feel?" Anakin asks, as my eyes open.

"Like I just got shot" I groan, sitting up.

"It just brushed your side, and lodged itself into the queens throne. You'd pushed her aside far enough so it barely touched her gown. You did have a lot of bleeding though, so you're on bedrest for 12 more hours" Ani says, and I squint at the sunlight.

"Kay" I say, looking around my room.

"How long have I been out?" I ask, grabbing a water from my bedside table.

"A few hours. You passed out at about midnight. It's just past sunrise now" He explains, fidgeting in his seat he brought next to my bed.

"You could've slept in the bed ya know" I say, and he smiles.

"Didn't know how you'd react, and I didn't want to leave you alone so I stayed" He says, holding back a yawn.

"Well come sleep here now" I say, and he shakes his head.

"You're tired, sleep" He says, fully yawning now.

"B-But I'm C-Cold" I fake shiver, trying to make him sleep here.

He rolls his eyes and laughs, standing up and taking off his overcoat, tossing it on the couch and going to the other side of the bed, taking off his shoes and sliding under the covers.

"Thank youuu" I sweetly say, and he laughs, wrapping his arms around me.

"Better now?" He asks, drifting asleep.

"Much" I say, smiling.

-a few hours later-

I wake with a start when I feel Ani start to breathe heavily.

"Ani?" I ask, sitting up from his grasp.

He's sweating like mad and is panting heavily.

"No" I mutter, grabbing his hand and holding it tight.

Using the force, I wake up the nurse droid, and make her get me a cool rag and some water.

When she returns, I grab the rag and dab his face, cooling him off some.

I have no idea how long his nightmare is going to last, but I have to stay with him the whole time.

Brushing his hair back, I place the rag on his hairline, styling his hair so its out of the way.

He wakes with a start a few moments later, and I remove the rag, handing him the glass of water.

"T-Thanks" He says, panting heavily still.

"Wanna talk about it?" I ask, and he just sighs and lays back down.

"It's been happening a lot recently" He says, and I nod, brushing his hair with my fingers to calm him down.

"What was it?" I ask, and he looks at me nervously.

"My mom" He says, and I hesitate for a second before continuing with his hair.

"She's... getting tortured. It's not the same dream everytime, but each day she has scars from the last. It feels so... real" He says, and I grab his hand, calming him down.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"Right now? She should be back in tatooine with my old master. Why?" He asks, sitting up.

"Want to go check?" I ask, and he looks at me in shock.

"Jengo's not coming back anytime soon, and we got orders this morning to return home ASAP. We can go check on her" I say, and he looks shocked that I'd even ask.