Chapter 9; Kina?

Hannah's POV

THE NEXT DAY

Groaning as I wake up, Ani's on my side in an instant, holding me back down.

"What happened?" I ask, holding my left hand to my forehead, as my right one is being held down by Ani.

"A lot. You're stomach and chest got a good slice in it and that got infected" He says, and I can tell he's not telling me something.

"What the hell happened to my arm?" I nervously ask, feeling the pain set in.

"Count dooku he..." Ani trails off, and dad walks through the doors in a rush.

"He cut your arm off. You're on bed rest for the next month" He says, checking the screen with my vital signs.

"WHAT!" I yell, struggling against Anakin's grip.

"Chill chill chill" Dad says, coming to my side calming me down.

"A nurse will be in any second to talk about your options" Dad says, sitting on a seat next to my bed.

As if on cue, a nurse walks in with a clipboard.

"I see you found out about your arm. I'm truly sorry. My name's Gaica, I'm your nurse. I'm here to talk about some options for recovery" She says, and ani grips my shoulder.

"The current option is to replace it with a mechanic hand. You'll have complete control over it, but you'll have to wear a glove all the time so you don't get anything in the gears ect. However, we have new technology that should be coming out any day now that will reconstruct your whole hand. On the inside would be wires and mechanics, but it would look like your real hand, and you would have feeling. We need to act now to make sure the nerves don't get permanently damaged" She says.

"So I cant just wait for the newer version?" I ask, and she sighs.

"You could, but it's not recommended. We could put the mechanic hand on until the technology comes out, but that would be dangerous none the less painful" She says.

"I'll do it. I don't care about the danger or the pain, I want my hand back" I say, and she nods.

"Very well. You'll undergo the surgery in one hour. No food or drink beforehand you'll be under a sedative" She says, and walks out, taking notes on her clipboard.

-1 hour later-

"Hannah, when you come back we need to talk about something important" Dad nervously says, and ani motiones for him to shutup.

"Why? What's wrong?" I ask, nerves rising.

"It's about Kina" Dad says, but the anesthetics kick in and I'm knocked out.

--

When I wake up, the first thing I do is move my new hand.

I control everything, I just cant feel it. It's quite odd.

"How do you feel?" A nervous Anakin asks, coming to my side instantly, one hand on my arm, the other pushing my hair out of my face.

"Sore, what happened to Kina?" I ask, sitting up.

"The council wishes to tell you when you're ready" Ani says, still very nervous.

I sit up fully, getting out of the bed.

"Where are you going?" Ani asks, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"To the council to find out what happened to my master" I growl, grabbing clothes and getting dressed in the bathroom, and coming out back in my usual clothes, and not hospital shit.

"Come on then" Ani sighs, walking with me to the council room, on the other side of the building.

We get to the massive double doors, and before I get the chance to knock, Master Windu is already calling for me to come in.

I open the doors and walk to the center of them all.

"You wished to see me?" I ask, standing my guard.

Her seat is empty.

She would be here in hologram if she wasn't on coroscant.

"Yes, we wish to tell you about your master. Something has happened" One of the jedi say, and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Would you like to see the footage?" one of the masters asks, and I nod, standing behind Yoda and Windu.

Kina shows up, and the projector turns so she's facing me.

She was strapped to a table of some sort, stripped of everything but undergarments.

Her arms were being held down in three places, along with her legs and torso.

"Masters" Her voice says, but it's coarse and rough.

Like she'd been crying/screaming.

"I'm sorry" She says, and I can see a tear fall from her eyes, before she gets electrocuted from something outside the screen.

Her screams and deafening as her body shakes, even with the restraints.

I look away, not being able to look at her struggling body a second longer, until her screams are eventually stopped when the person breaks her neck.

"Your master is dead" Master Windu says, and I roll my eyes internally.

No shit Sherlock.

"Anything to say?"

"That's enough" Dad interjects.

"Do not let your personal feelings get in the way of this, Master Kenobi" Mace says, but dad stands up, as I walk backwards, against the wall crying.

"These are not personal feelings these are HUMANE feelings. You really think showing her the tape of her master being tortured and killed isn't going to leave a permanent scar on her?" Dad says, but I'd already sneaked out from behind his chair and was running out of the room.

"PADAWON HANNAH YOU WERE NOT DISMISSED" Mace yells, but I slam the door behind me anyways, needing to get out of here.

Ani's head snapped up to face me, but I sprinted off anyways, ignoring his calls.

The anger. The fury. The agony. The pain. Everything, rushing through me right now.

It was unbelievable.

She's gone.

Kina's gone.

And it's my fault.