After death, fear simulation. Declaration of love.

Thank you for my wonderful readers who have been both persistent and admirable for their enthusiasm with my works. Thx so much!
The screen went blank.
Steve? What would he think?
You murdered people. What do you think he thinks? He hates you. He doesn't want a murderer.

The scene drifted but the only think that mattered was the voice inside your head repeating over and over again. "He hates you. He doesn't want a murderer."

Your eyes, too blurry with tears were seeing the outlines of the scene where they had discovered that you were a woman. The drowning. Then the moment on the plane with Steve.

You wiped the tears out of your eyes to indulge yourself by seeing the scene of Steve's passion. A moment you would never be able to relive with Steve hating you.
Then the screen went black and then it faded into the room you used to be in, the white round room. Your eyes stung with the loss of the water that had formed a puddle underneath you
. You closed your eyes. Trying to recruit a moment of tranquillity before Isabella and Steve would come to the room.

You could predict the moment. Isabella smiling widely because her experience worked and Steve scowling because he knew who you where or more specifically what you were.

You wondered what it would look like. A scowl on Steve.

A man clicked a keypad and led you to another room. Empty but this time the walls were black rather than white. Not Steve not Isabella. You felt both relieved and defeated.

"Fear simulation. Takes your memories and shows us your fears in a random order. Breath normally, it gives us a clear screen on and try not to scream the walls aren't soundproof you know."

You gulped. He didn't give you a headset this time. He put a bracelet on your left wrist. He placed a chip behind your ear.

"How does it end?"
"I don't know. You are the test subject remember?" He answered,.
You sat on the ground. The man left and you were alone. or so you thought.

"You're pathetic. You know that?"
You looked up it was Steve. You stood and walked towards him.

"Don't touch me. You are weak, pathetic and frankly, you are the most cowardly person I have ever met."

You tried to keep your eyes from watering.
"I know what I did was wrong. You don't have to rub it in."

"I do if you just consider it as wrong. You don't deserve to be alive. Your air should be taken from you."

" I agree with you. " you chocked up.
Death sounds pretty good. What is to hold me back?
Suddenly you felt angry.
"You weren't the one who was eaten alive by guilt. You aren't the one who lost everything. You aren't the one who saw war, treason and death in the face. You weren't tortured. You weren't a girl who was sexually harassed by every man in her squadron at twelve. So LEAVE ME TO DIE! DON'T TELL ME I'M AWEFUL. I ..." You gulped. Your anger starting to fade. "I... Already know...."

Your eyes left Steve. There was a long silence when you looked up. He wasn't there anymore.

Someone grabbed your wrist and placed his hand over your mouth. Stopping you from breathing.
"Hey, miss. Want to spend a fun night?" He says. His lips curled in a cruel smile as his hands grabbed the hooks of your Jean. He was so close to you, you could feel his breath on your hair.
He was getting closer to you than was respectable for even a finance.
You held your breath. Took a step back. Twisted his wrist so that he fell on the ground. You placed your boot on his spine. A sickening crunch was heard.
Not dead... Just ... Paralyzed.