Helicarrier's night

Your hand drifted to your side, fumbling throught the cold sheets. A repetitive beep resonated throughout the room. It was steady, no irregularities.

Your eyelids slowly fluttered open. Nothing. It was black. Was it late? How late? Did I miss my encounter with Steve? Your mouth felt papery and thought under your tongue. You moistened your mouth by slowly parting and joining your lips.

You slowly slipt your feet from the bed. They touched the cold floor. Your bare feet were drifting on the cold metal ground. You gently sat up. Your hands finding there way on either side to support your body.

You began to stand when you noticed cables where attached to your body. You grabbed one of them and slowly unattached it. Your eyes were rapidly adjusting to your dark environment. You glanced at your outfit to see that you were in a green robe. You wore mear underwear beneath it.

The beep became frantic when you took out another cable.

Then another, the beep was hardly stopping. You wanted it to stop. You wanted everything to stop and stand still for awhile. No one would listen.

Suddenly, men and women in white arrived in your room. You looked at them confused. Their words were hardly audible. They seemed to be spoken through a wall of glass.

Then a women approached a needle to your skin. You quicky flapped the needle away. You ran to a corner. You were heavily sedated, you knew that much. You glanced at them. They looked at you. Some were yelling, they seemed to be straining their voice to the very most.

Then Steve came in. He was small Steve. Just like last time. He extended his small arms and you ran to him, ignoring the pain in your shoulder that told you your wound had reopened. You were cradled in his arms. Enjoying the company of human warmth when there was a sharp pinch in your hand.

Your world became blurry, slowly fading into black.

You looked to Steve and his mouth formed the following words 'see you next morning'.

You moved your lips although you had no idea whether he hear you or not. 'See you then.'

Then your eyes rolled into your head and your body went limp. Steve held you until the doctors ordered him to place you on the bed.

..........................................................................................................

You slept. No dreams. No nightmares.

You slowly were aware of becoming conscious. You opened your eyes. Your surroundings slowly came into focus. You were watching the ceiling,

You strained your ears for sounds. There was the constant beep of the machine. It was even. You shifted your position. You could feel they had put the tubes or cables back in your side. You focused on the other sounds you could hear.

Feet in the hallway. Breathing. Yours and... Realization dawned over you. Someone else was in this room. You froze. Your hand slipped underneath the covers, trying to reach anything you could use as a weapon.

A hand fell on the one you had beneath the covers. You jolted upwards sharply. You were about to grab the intruder's neck when you realized it was Steve.

"Woo There. Sorry to wake you." He said

"No, I think I was already awake. Did I miss our rendezvous?"

"Yeah, but I can't blame you."

"Why not?" Not that You wanted to be blame but you wanted to know why you weren't.

There was a pause as though Steve was debating on weather or not to tell you. His lips parted hesitantly then he announced.

"(Y/n), You been unconscious for two days."