Staying Alive

They are all assuming you are a boy because there aren't any woman warriors at that time.

Steve stood and turned towards his fellow avengers: "What? You wanted it broken faster?"

When he realised his fellow avengers weren't looking at him but at the strange form curled up in a ball of scratched metal, weapons, material that used to cover the warrior's ankles but now stopped mid-thigh. Under lay a puddle of deep red blood that had slipped along the floor and was hedding towards Steve's boot.

What was more surprising was the fact that the warrior chest was slowly rising and falling as though the person could breath.  Banner stared at the steady movement at loss of words.

Tony said: "He has to be dead you can't lose that much blood and still live."

Steve crouched down to reach the blood that was rapidly escaping from the breathing form. His hand hovered over the blood as thought deciding whether to touch or to just back away. he went for the first option and touched the blood. The warm fluid raced out of his fingers as soon as he tried to lift it.

"Guys, Something's wrong." Steve said

"It's normal his (prejudged) blood is cold. It's been out of the body for to long to stay warm." Tony explained

"No. His Blood." Steve inhaled sharply then yelled "Medics!"

Some scientist rushed into the lab. They immediately saw the form on the floor and had already judge the being dead when Steve Rogers dramatically exclaimed "His blood is warm, really really warm..."

..................................................................................................................

As Banner and Tony were pacing through the lab they were trying to find out what could have possibly caused this man to survive after being trapped underneath the ground.

Steve couldn't stay near the blood. It reminded him of the many times he had got beaten up in a alley because lots of people were being disrespectful punks.

Steve was in the hallway waiting for the man who had been laying inside the relic to get out of the medic room. The beep of the patient's blood pressure was steady and rather smooth. Not the annoying kind that wakes you in the morning, the reassuring kind that tells you that the patient is still alive.

Suddenly, the beep became frantic, rather irregular and from the room was heard the most pain filled cry in all history. The cry went on for hours and hours. Nurses were arriving with tubes and painkillers. Some nurses came out with biting marks , scratches and rather nasty looking scars.

The cries ended  a few seconds after a nurse walked in with aesthetic.

Although, Steve had never met the person, he knew that he was a soldier. Not hiding behind artillery, not afraid to fight outnumbered. A soldier that when he loses all hope forges a new hope.

Let's just say he wished he was the guy's friend rather than enemy.

From the speakers, Nick's voice boomed; " Avengers, in the third conference room. Now."

Steve walked down the hallway to the conference room and took a seat. He was the first one to have arrived. He straightened his shirt and clothes as he waited for Banner, Stark and Fury to arrive.

When they finally did, the science bros sat together, two seat away from Rogers and Fury stood on the other side of the table.

Fury nodded towards the team then he began speaking: " The warrior found in the cube is alive. He has severed lots of trauma"

"How severe?" asked Tony

"Right Lung pierced. Heart nearly missed. Two other vital organs down and the skin is burnt from the toes to the mid thigh. A dagger in her left thigh and his left hand palm skin is sliced."

"Going through that much pain he should have died." Banner stated

"He did." Nick Fury announced.

"How long?" Tony asked "I mean if you reanimated her he could survive up to four or five minutes"

"Nine hundred years. Give or take." Nick announced.

The room was deadly quiet. The Avengers and Nick had all seen weird but, this, this was way beyond weird.

Nick said: " I want you too keep him. Watch his every move and report anything out of the ordinary."

Tony: "By you, you mean me. And why us? There is lots of space aboard the Helicarrier."

Nick: "You have a whole tower filled with abnormal people or really talented and you want to miss an opportunity for a new avenger. The oldest soldier alive?"

Tony was starting to refuse Nick's order but Banner, who was well Banner, decided to avoid a mess and politely accepted the idea of a new avenger.

Nick turned on his heels and left the room.

As soon as Nick left, Banner said "What did you do?"

Tony: What did I do? It was your idea.

Bruce: Well I didn't know you would except my rather weird conjecture.

Steve: What are you guys even talking about?

Tony: you know technically it's his fault.

Steve: I didn't do anything.

Bruce: you know technically it isn't we just dragged him along...

Tony: So it's 'we' now?

Bruce: mostly you.

Steve: Stop. Explain.

Tony: Well, Dalek. I would not like to exterminate your bubble.

Tony stared at banner trying to see if he got his pun. Banner just waved at Tony to continue and so he did:

"Me and Bruce took your blood thinking that it's molecular structure could force her cardiac activity to start again and make all his organs ready to work again thought it was just a conjecture. A mad one. We never expected it to resurrect someone."

Steve stared blankly: "English. Please."

Banner: "your super- serum can restart someone's heart if its well preserved or at least heal it."