Chapter 36 - Trip Back to Murder Night

Before we start, this will be confusing to read as we don't know which characters will be past or present.

Past characters will be in Bold :) so unless they're in bold, it's the present time characters.

~Natsu POV~

I was still trying to process all the information in my head. My heart refused to believe that my father would do something so atrocious but my mind kept telling me that what I was hearing was the truth.

"Still don't believe me ?" Said my mum holding her hand out to me. "Then come with me. I'll take you back to a trip in the past."

I was hesitant at first and looked over to Wendy. She smiled and grabbed onto my other hand. I slowly held onto my mums.

"Close your eyes and bring your mind back to that day, back to that Christmas Eve." I slowly nodded and did as I was told. I felt a lump in my throat and tried to swallow it down. A cold breeze blew past me.

"You can open your eyes now." My mum said. When I opened my eyes, we were standing in the exact same spot we were before, except this time there were Christmas decorations all around us. "Weird right ?" Said my mum out of the blue. I was still speechless. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Two kids suddenly ran into us, one was a teenage me and the other one was Wendy. When they ran into us, instead of colliding they went right through us which confused me even more.

"Don't worry they can't see or feel us here." Said Wendy as if she read my mind. I nodded as I observed the two children running up to the door. The door slowly opened to reveal their father with a big smile plastered over his face as he saw his kids.

"Daddy !" Shouted the Wendy jumping into his arms.

"Hi dad." I said as he patted my shoulder. I observed my past self staring at my dad in a weird manner as if he'd done something wrong. It was then I remembered....it was the day after I caught him cheating on mum.

"Hi honey !" Said my mum wrapping him in a warm hug. While he was hugging her he kept staring at me. My past self flashed him a disgusted look and walked off into his room. He glared at me as I did so.

"So Wendy ! Ready for Santa !" He said squeezing her cheek softly as she let out a giggle.

"Yes !" She said clasping her hands together.

"Well, you better get to sleep then or Santa won't come !" He said picking her up and walking with her upstairs. She squealed as he tickled her.

"After he took me upstairs, he read me a story and I fell asleep. Then he left my room. To go to yours." Explained Wendy. I walked up the stairs and followed my father into my past self's room. I saw my past self lying onto the bed with my earphones in.

"Son, go to sleep." He said slamming my laptop shut.

"You can't tell me what to do ! Especially now that you seem to have two wives !" I shouted back at him. He clenched his teeth together and slapped me across the face causing a burning sensation to spread through my cheek.

"Don't you dare say anything about what you saw last night to your mother ! Understand ?! It could ruin my publicity." He shouted. I watched as the boy nodded slowly as fear filled his eyes. I remembered that that night wasn't the first night my father had shown signs of aggressions.

He nodded slowly as my father exited the door and slammed it behind him. I heard a lock click and watched as past Natsu began panicking. He screamed and began cussing. I watched as he began to cry himself to sleep.