Chapter fifty: parallel like a reflection

Chapter fifty: parallel, like a reflection

Sams pov:

I was driving the car this time with both Shaden and Dean fast asleep. There was no waking either of them up especially since I'd been on quite a bumpy road and not a sound came out of them. I'd expected they'd both be tired with the last case we'd just take care of, not to mention the recent stress.

My phone rang loudly from the glove box of the car. I slowed down a bit so I could answer it.

"Garth it's like two in the morning I'm driving."

"sorry Sam I've kind of got a hunt for you to check out, I was sort of hoping you Winchesters would do a better job at handling this," Garth said. I sighed a little, already another hunt with all this stuff going on I didn't think it was such a good time.

"Garth are you sure we're a bit sidetracked right now."

"I know the whole siblings drama, it goes on I get it, it's just everyone is booked right now and Dean and you are the only hunters I know that have delt with rougarous before."

Oh great rougarous, not typically my favorite creature in the world, at all. These and werewolves are the worst. They can't control what they are and most of the time they don't even choose it.

"alright," I gave in "what is it Garth?"

"thanks Sam, down in Texas this city's called Fairway, they've got like a rougarou outbreak or somethin' three guys have gone insane and eaten family members straight up, before been caught eating raw meat, then the bastards start eating themselves. All three of the guys are dead."

I though through his words for a moment "this does sound rougarou but I mean eating yourself, do they get that desperate?"

"I don't know, never met one before, anyways it's your problem now, call me when you've wraped this up," Garth hung up the phone.

That twerp was lucky that I was already in Texas, not that I had any idea where Fairway was. Originally I was heading to Shinedown to see if Trudy knew anything or if she knew someone that knows about guardians.

I pulled out a map and finally found the suburbany looking Fairway. Fifty miles away, about another hour of driving.

I pulled up to the first motel I could find in Fairway. There was one open hotel that had a vacancy sign half lit up. Not far off from the usual crap we slept in.

"three bed room?" I asked the old woman at the front desk.

"sorry mr we only have a two bed room available."

"that's fine, you shouldn't have your vacancy sign on if all those rooms are taken."

"don't tell me how to run my buisness and I won't tell you," she handed me the key card to my room.

I couldn't drag Dean up to the room so he was going to have to wake up. I opened the side of the car where he was sitting and since he was leaning on it his body fell out onto the pavement.

"aahhggg!" He yelled and fumbled around on the floor. I couldn't stop myself from laughing, it was the most amazing thing to see.

"your such a little bitch Sam," he complained brushing himself off.

"oh Dean and your a big jerk."

I could have sworn that he stuck his tounge out at me but I wasn't paying enough attention.

"are we in shinedown?" He asked.

"no Fairway, Garth's got this weird rougarou problem, not so sure of the rougarou part."