Chapter forty nine: blue bloods

I was pounding the back of Sam's seat to the beat of the song thriller by Micheal Jackson. Dean rarely played his music even if it was one of the only cassette tapes he had that I actually liked. 

"will you stop that," Sam wiped his hand across the back of the seat to stop me.

"sorry bro this is my jam you can't stop me in mid song."

Sam rolled his eyes and gave Dean a look, which he didn't acknowledge. 

"so your sure that this guy knows some stuff about the guardians?" Dean asked Sam.

Sam looked out of his window and refused to look Dean in the eye "well..... Garth sort of told me about him." 

"Garth! That's just great so this guys either crazy or dumb, maybe both."

I'd leave it to these idiots to drive half way across the country just to find this one guy that Garth recommends. We were on our way to Flagstaff Arizona, it was hot, miserable, and such a long drive. I could see how being an angel could be useful not having to drive for three days straight. Dean of corse never let me drive, only once and a while when it was just me and Sam did I get to drive the impala.

Flagstaff wasn't as bad as I'd expected, but the house we were supposed to meet this guy at was. 

The home was in a downtown area in a shitty apartment building. Sam looked just as dissapointed as I did. Dean on the other hand was trying to keep the faith saying that most of the guys we met including ourselves were homeless.

Dean knocked on the guys door forcefully. 

"it's the Winchesters, open up!" He yelled. The door opened up by a crack and a dark brown eyeball peeped through.

"password," the man said.

Dean raised an eyebrow "I don't know any friggin passwords?"

The guy shut the door and then opened it fully. As soon as he did a rotten stench flowed outward, stinging my eyes. My first look at the guy revealed he was a loser. He was dirty, skinny, and he had oily black hair. The scenery behind him didn't help. There was garabage, dirty clothes and dishes, and papers taped all over the windows and walls. 

"uh come in, if I knew you were coming so fast I'd cleaned up more, Garth told me you'd be coming from across the country."

I wrinkled my nose up and the awful smell.

"you could at least have got some air freshener," I suggested.

After we walked into the room Garth's info buddy started to scramble with some papers. 

"how's bout we start with a name?" Sam asked trying to be friendly. The crazy guy looked up from his papers 

"names Jake, Jake Finley."

"so Jake, Garth tells me you know a thing or two about these guardians," I pushed. The faster we got out of here the more likely I wouldn't suffocate. 

"yeah well you see I don't mean to be a jerk but if you want the info your gonna have to pay up."

Dean rubbed his temple "we don't have much cash and I can't get any either."

"oh no not cash, there's something going on around here in the city." 

"you mean something abnormal?" Sam asked. 

"yeah abnormal is the word, thing is I've never heard of this thing before and that's the problem, if I did I could handle things myself but I don't, so your going to have to help me."