Chapter thirty three: breaking point

Suddenly I'm in a well lit ball room. It's magnificent in here besides the fact that there is piles of well dressed bodies everywhere. I tried to move but I soon find out I'm strapped to a chair. 

"ah I didn't know how much longer I was going to keep that whole human act up, you creatures are exhausting."

"I can't wait to kill you," He bellowed out in a fit of laughter. This dude is nuts.

"you do that sweety," I snarled back. So I tried to kill him will everything I had in me. Nothing, it had no effect on him. 

"sorry you're all out of charge, there was a reason I let that incubus get some chi, I needed you to be weak."

He walked over to me and stuck a syringe in my arm to pull out blood. As the fluid left my body I became even weaker. He snapped his fingers and before me laid the same scene that I saw with the first gaurdian. There was a demon in a devils trap and an angel in a circle of fire. There was one different thing, the angel in the trap wasn't Castiel, this time it was Joseph. He was on his knees and his head was looking toward the floor. The water guardian took the tweezers the other had before and ripped a feather off of Joseph.

"Joseph!" I yelled. He acknowledged me by smiling faintly. I shook my body trying to break free helplessly. Tears of frustration streaked down my face. 

"no use girly," he told me as he shoved the ingredients into the demons moulth. Like last time the demon shone brightly before turning into an angel. 

"you sick ass hole I'm going to kill you, rip you to peaces!" I screamed. All I had left was pure rage.

"ha just like I killed your mother?"

I silenced remembering Melody laying in her death bed. 

"thats right Shaden I killed her don't you remember, I ripped that sluts insides up with a blink, she deserved it didn't she? Man if only you saw her face."

I could feel pure adrenile smacking into my blood stream. I could feel the blood not only coming out of my nose but also my eyes. The tears I shed before turned thick red. The water guardians face turned from smug happiness to pure fear. I killed his stupid angel first and then I went to him. He shrieked in pain and buckled over coughing up blood. His eyes and mouth began to glow bright white and then he exploded filling the entire room with a blast of energy breaking all the windows.

We must have been under water because a flood of it began to burst through the windows. I was too tired to even move but Joseph now freed from his trap quickly grabbed my arm and we were back in Seattle instantly.

Sams pov:

Dean and I were waiting for about an hour when I spotted a limping Joseph in my review mirror. 

"holy shit," I gasped ripping the car door open. 

"what's going on?" Dean asked following me. As soon as he got out of the car he saw it too. Joseph was hobbling toward us dragging Shaden in his arms. She was covered in blood around her face and neck. 

"is she?" Deans voice croaked looking at her weak body. 

"dead, almost."

Dean took her away from josephs arms. As soon as I was about to ask what happened Joseph disappeared. Racing to the hospital was the only thing we could do. I had no idea what happened, and from the looks she was dead. Her pulse was bearly there still fighting on. She had no visible cuts but she was soaked in blood. Dean suddenly jurked the car to the right cursing himself.

"Cas for the love of god would you please call before popping in!" my brother yelled. 

"you can't take her to a hospital," Cas told us. 

"what?! Then how is she going to survive?" I asked him. Castiel reached over the seats and touched her forehead. Instead of healing her like I thought he was doing, a bright light emerged from his touch blinding our vision then after a few seconds faded away. 

"what was that?" 

"the key is on what you'd call panic mode, it's stopping anything from piercing her mind or skin so the doctors won't be able to help, only be quite perplexed."

Dean let out a fustraited groan. 

"let's head to the hotel and hope she can live through it," I put a hand on Deans shoulder. He knew it was the only thing we could do so he didn't fight me on it.

It was very awkward trying to sneak past the hotel maids carring a body. Dean went up with some cash to pay for a weeks worth of nights. 

"Cas do you think she's going to live?" I was afraid to hear the answer. 

"I haven't the slightest, I've never met anyone so strong yet so, weak." 

"do you know anything else about this key?" 

"I know the angel's feathers are ruffled and they really don't want lucifer and Michael to get out, it would be catastrophic for everyone."