Chapter thirty five: family comes in many shapes

I watched the key fall deeper and deeper into the flaming abiss below. My heart sunk I was weak, powerless, vulnerable. The volcano began to shake and a cloud of thick black smoke rose from the heated core. 

"we have to go!" Joseph yelled over the rumbling. A single tear escaped my eye before the scenery changed from ash and fire to a large excluded mansion.

Deans pov: 

A few moments earlier: 

"did you tell her where I was going?" I asked Sam in the parking lot. 

"I almost died and you want to know if she found out about yellow eyes?"

"you lived didn't you, now did you tell her or not," I pushed. Sam laughed and looked away from me.

"no, I didn't, so you won't have to worry about that, but it won't matter anyway because she's going to die or possible kill us!"

These last two months were so rough I couldn't even think about how it could have gotten worse.

"uh I thought her mojo didn't work on humans, you a shifter I did leave like a week ago?"

Sam willingly pulled out a sliver knife and cut his upper fore arm. Then he went to the impala and pulled out borax and holy water, pouring them both on his skin. None of the objects had an affect which made this my brother.  I was going to tell him that we should focus on her mental state, when I was rudely interupted by Shaden. 

"you lied," she said to Sam. I was confused, oh no Cas of course he can't keep his fluffy ass shut. 

"excuse me?" Sam questioned. 

"you told me I was out for two days when actually I've been going phyco for two whole months!"
P
Relieved she hadnt found out the real secret I left back to the hotel. Castiel was  standing in the middle of the room staring at the news. He quickly addressed me

"Dean!" 

"that's my name."

"I know, that's why I said it," Cas said dumbly. 

"one day Cas I'm going to take a whole week off to teach you how to be a human," I joked. 

"no time for that I found him." 

"Azazel? Where? How?"

Before Cas could answer I was intruppted again this time by a frantic Sam. He was trying to talk but it wasn't really getting there. He was holding a demon knife I his hand. It wasn't ours though it was shadens because I'd taken mine with me and I could still feel it in my jacket. 

"Sammy what's wrong now?"

He had tears forming in his eyes while he spoke.

"she tried to kill herself, then she just disappeared!"

I pushed past Sam and looked out into the parking lot. Sure enough he was telling the truth, there was no one out there. Castiel was silent but in his eyes I could see the fear. 

"was it Azazel?" I asked Sam. He shrugged his shoulders. I don't know anyone else who could have taken her except maybe Keith, but I haven't seen him in months. 

"Cas tell us where Azazel is," I demanded.

We were driving to South Dakota. I was jacked up on a bunch of these five hour energy things for the all night drive. Sam on the other hand drank himself to sleep already. I couldn't focus much on the road with all this anxiety and Cas dead silent sitting next to me wasn't helping.