Finding Out

Snapping my eyes open, I heard voices coming from downstairs and they were loud. Whoever was talking must of wanted everyone in the house to hear everything he was saying. Rolling onto my side, I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and looked at the alarm clock that was sitting on the bed-side table. The clock read ten minutes to seven o'clock. What the hell! I had only just came back from collage and really wanted a lay in, but no, apparently it looked like I wasn't going to get one of those. I jumped out of bed, only to jump back on it as soon as my feet hit the cold wooden floor. Grabbing the furry boot-slippers that Aunt Jenna got me before I went off to college, I placed them on my feet and headed for the door. I opened it and headed down the stairs.
"Who else is in the house with us?" A rough male voice questioned. It made me freeze on the spot, which was only in front of the closed kitchen door. With what the male voice asked had me thinking that he could hear me breathing where I stood because I didn't make any sound coming down the stairs a few seconds ago.
"Only my annoying little sister," Elena answered but then continued. "Why?" Acting really tired like normal people usually are in the morning. I walked into the kitchen door and pretend to yawn, playing the part of a sleepy person. "Morning," I mumbled, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I headed over to the kitchen sink and got a glass of water. In the room was Elena and two other guys. They looked really familiar, like something to do with history but I couldn't quite put my tongue on where I had seen them. It doesn't really matter now.
"Hi," Elena said, coldly.
Drinking the water from the glass, I turned around and took a good long look at the two guys. One was standing beside Elena, he was smiling at me but I could tell that the smile was fake. The corners of his lips were turned up too much, it was simply was fake. He had dirty-blonde that was spiked up a bit, brown eyes and looked like he could lie very well or fake a smile, either. The other guy was standing a bit in front of my older sister, not looking very happy but was smirking down at me since I was really small. He had longish black hair, bright blue eyes that could make girls go weak at their knees but me, and I easily found the tension between Elena and I very amusing. It seemed to be entertaining him very well.
"Is this your baby sister?" The blue eyed guy asked, titling his head to the side as his eyes rolled up and down my body, checking me out, even though he's like four or five years older than me. Elena nodded, not wanting to say anything. "Damon Salvatore. It's a pleasure to meet you," He said, grinning and holding out his hand. "And this is my little brother, Stefan Salvatore."
Shaking his hand, I replied with "Amy Gilbert."
"You didn't tell us that you had a beautiful and younger sister, Elena." Damon commented.
Walking away from the group, I decided to let them argue between each other as I left the room but was stopped. Standing directly in front of me was Damon, or who I thought was him. The sight of him made me scream and I quickly scrabbled away from him, scared to death with how he got in front of me really fast. But that's not what really scared me. The thing that scared me was his face. He had these black sickly comes underneath his eyes and sharp vampire-like teeth. Hugging me from behind as I tried to run away from him, Damon buried his hand into my neck and sniffed. A low snarl escaped his mouth, one that you see in movies when the predator gets hold of their prey.
"Damon! Let her go," Stefan shouted at his older brother.
Elena just simply stood in the kitchen doorway and watched the scene that was happening in front of her, not bothering to do anything for me. I guess she really does hate me. Nice! My own sister hates me and wants me to die by the hand of a vampire. It's a lovely thing to find out the second day at home, I might as well go. Back to college instead of putting up with this hate from family members

Laying down on my bed, o was shook up. Damon and Stefan Salvatore are vampires. What the hell! And my older sister happens to be some sort of doppelganger. It was meant that there was someone else in this world, that looks exactly like her. That's not normal, but it's also not the only thing I found out today. Caroline Forbes was turned into a vampire by someone named Katherine, who's one of the doppelganger and a vampire that was running from a guy called Klaus, who wants to kill both her and Elena. Bonnie is a witch. She comes from a very powerful witch lone that dates back to 600BC, it's kind of hard to believe. I only know all of this because I can't be told to forget what Damon did, I think they called it being compelled and I might or might not be lucky to be able to stand compulsion from vampires.
"You okay?" Jeremy asked, walking into my bedroom. He looked  worried and got more worried when he saw the tears that has stained my face and the other tears still running down my cheeks. "It gets better, you know. Once you get over the fact that there are vampires running around town, " he whispered and shrugged his shoulders
"How?" I cried.
Wrapping his arms around me, Jeremy pulled me into his chest and cradled me there, no wanting to let me go as he whispered soothing and calming words to me, hoping to get me to calm down. It was working to a certain limit. "Trust me, it will get better. Nothing is going to stay the same."
"What about Elena?" She's doing to die! That can't happen to her. Mummy and daddy only just died," I whispered, tears dropping down onto my hands and Jeremy's arms. " I do t want anyone else to die, not in our family. There are too many deaths happening," I cried out and even though Elena hated me, I still didn't want her to die. I wouldn't solve anything, instead it would make everything much worse.
For the rest of the night, Jeremy didn't mutter a word. Not anything was said. He just held me, rocking back and forth like k was I was a little baby that he was trying to get to fall asleep. But I couldn't sleep. It was too frightening to sleep. This wasn't fair. I didn't want my older sister to die at the hands of someone. It shouldn't be that way. She used to remind me of my mum, everything she did or said months ago would always remind me of my mum and the same with Jeremy, he always reminded me of dad and of how much he cares for me, and told me that everything was going to be fine, even when it wasn't going to be fine, though.
"Just go to sleep," Jeremy said, shifting himself. He was laying down on my bed, still cradling me in his arms and rubbing his back. And slowly, I started drifting off to sleep and forgetting about everything that I learned today. Everything started getting darker and darker as I fell into a deep sleep for the night, not wanting to be woken up until the next morning or later than that.