A.E. Part 2

The bonfire had been awesome. Most of Greg's members were awed to meet their king, even more so to see with their own eyes that he was just like them.He had stolen more of my heart when he played with the kids, carrying them around on his shoulders as if they ruled the world. Once Dean retired for the night, I had quickly paid my respect to Greg before hurrying up to my room.Tomorrow would be trying, that's for sure. 

   The next morning, after a shower, I entered the kitchen to find Dean sitting at the table, eating breakfast. "Good morning Tami. Jubal and a few warriors of the Lotus Rock will be here shortly. I figured it would be better if they came to us so we could get the matter sorted faster." He told me as I started to search for something to eat, but coming up empty handed.

    Giving up, I quickly pour me a large cup of coffee and just listen to Dean as he went on and on about something Jubal had done or was planning on doing. To be honest, I zoned him out the moment I heard Jubal's name.I didn't care if he thought I was alive or dead, but I did care about Greg and my old pack members. They were innocent and I would protect them. 

    The sound of tires turning onto the gravel driveway turns my head and I watch as three sedans pulled into the yard. "Dean, they're here," Dell said as hewalked past us towards the front door. "Good. Now, let's get this over with. Hopefully, we can avoid any bloodshed here today, or any day for that matter."

    I followed Dean out-side and quickly took my place beside Dell. The cardoors open and everyone except for Dean, stands at attention, all of our senses alert. "Jubal, thank you for coming so fast." Dean spoke, his voice seepingwith charm. "If you and Alpha Greg here will follow me, my Gamma, and myCaptain, to Greg's office, to discuss this little spat between the two of you, I'm sure that we can work everything out peacefully." Dean walked into the house followed by Greg, Dell, Jubal and then myself. I waited until Jubal was well ahead of me before following them inside.

   Once we were inside the office, Dean sat at Greg's desk and looked at the two alphas before him. Dell and I stood by the door, waiting.  "Now, I was informed by the Council that the two of you wished to start a war because the two of you believe that the other has in some hurt a Ms. Tamar Hale. Is that correct?" They both nod quickly. "So, Jubal, why is it your opinion that Greg here killed Ms. Hale?"

  "I had heard that he had the best fighter in the states. And since my warriors needed training, I convinced him to let me bring several here to meet with her and see if she would be willing to train us. He let it slip out that she was Tamar Hale, my mate. And he promised that she would be here when we arrived. But when we got her, she was gone."

  "So you believe that he got rid of her to stop you from getting your men properly trained, yes?" Jubal slowly nods his head and I bit my lips to keep myself from growling. "Why do you think that Jubal here kidnapped Ms. Hale?"

  "She didn't know that he was coming here to ask her to train them. I knew what he had done to her, and yes, I did slip up and let him know that she was his ex-mate." Jubal growls softly at this and I scoff. What was he growling about? The day he placed his mark on that woman and severed what was left ofour bond, had been the happiest day of my life. Lilly, on the other hand, had been upset.

    "The day he called to make sure she would be here to meet him once he arrived, I went up to tell her only to find her room empty and she missing.Tami and I were great friends, I would never hurt her. And I don't believe that she would have left on her own. She was part of my pack." I could hear how upset and hurt Greg had been when he found I was gone, and guilt washed over me. I didn't think about the pain I would cause him when I left. 

   Dean glanced at me and I nodded. Silently, I moved to his side, keeping my face hidden from Jubal. "If I prove both of you wrong; that she did leave your pack, Greg, of her free will and that she is alive, Jubal, will both of you drop this nonsense of a war between the two packs?"

   "Yes sir." They answer at the same time and Dell chuckles softly, earning him two hard glares from the alphas. "Gentlemen, may I present the captain of my warriors, Tamar Hale." Greg smiled at me while Jubal stared, shocked. "I left the Lost River pack of my own free will to join His Majesty's service as a warrior. I did not in any way wish to meet Alpha Hill again, and I'm only here today because I do not wish for the innocent blood of my friends to be shed because of me." Greg looked a little hurt, but I couldn't describe the look I saw in Jubal's eyes. I no longer felt anything for him. "Sire," Jubal spoke up looking at Dean, "I'd like to speak with Tamar privately for a moment please."

  What do you say Tami? Doyou feel like speaking to him? 

   I'll listen to what hehas to say, but have Dell stay outside the door in case I need him. 

   Alright. "I don't see anything wrong with that. Greg, Dell I believe we best let them talk." I face Jubal as the others leave the office, shutting the door behind them. I almost smiled when I heard Dell step closer to the door. 

  "I want to you come back to the pack with me Tamar..." Jubal started to speak, but I quickly cut him off. "And why is that Jubal? So you can rub the fact that you rejected and then chose someone else to take my rightful place every minute of my life?"

  "I want you to come back to be my Beta Tamar. Just like your father would have wanted." A laugh slips from my lips, but it was cold as ice. "My father knew that I would never be Beta, I figured that out years ago Jubal. That's why he trained me for fifteen years to be a warrior, a fighter. And that's what I became; a warrior for my King. You honestly think I'd give that up to come back to your pack to become your Beta?!" I laced my words thick with sarcasm. 

  Jubal's face became unreadable as he stared at me. He was a fool if he expected me to just forgive him and run back into his arms like a love struck fool. To Lilly and me, there was no forgiving what he had done. "I was a young fool to reject you then Tamar. If you come back, I'll leave Judy I swear. She's not my mate..."

  "She's not your true mate, but she is your chosen mate and the mother of your children. She's the Luna of your pack." I heard Dell move closer to the door and I knew that he was listening to our conversation. "Every night for six years I felt it when you slept with another femme; every night until you marked her; until you severed that last strand of our bond; the last hope that the Goddess gave soul-mates so their mistakes could be rectified. 

  "Did you ever feel like someone had laid a red hot iron on your chest and was slowly pushing it in your body? Have you ever felt such pain in your heart you thought it would literally explode from your chest?! I can answer that for you, no you haven't. And do you want to know why? 

  "My parents taught me better than that. But you see, when I accepted your rejection that day, I wasn't really thinking. What I should have done was just walk away fromyou without accepting it. That way, when you finally marked Judy, I would have died. And you would have felt the mate bond between us as it died. But that would have been the weak way out Jubal, and if anything I'm not weak." 

  Jubal stood andwalked towards me, raising his hand. Instantly, I step back and growl at him, my eyes darkening. "I'm sorry Tamar, so sorry for rejecting you then. But I swear if you come back to me, I'll make it up to you. Please." I stare at himand the room became deathly quiet.I shake my head no as I step towards the door. "There is nothing left for me in that pack anymore Jubal. My family is gone; there is nothing left to hold me there. I'm happy where I am. You could never get me to give it all up to come back where I would not wanted, nor where I would want to be."

"Even if I said that you're parents were alive?"His quick question filled the room as my hand twisted the door handle. "They're dead Jubal, nothing can bring them back." Without a glance over my shoulder, I step into the hall and give Dell a weak smile. I headed to the gym before I lost complete control of my anger and re-entered the office, attacking Jubal. I knew that Dean would not like that at all.