Chapter 20

Here it is folks. The last chapter y'all have been waiting for. Hope everyone likes it. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of the fighting vanished and all was deathly calm. I forced my eyes open and found myself in a field full of wildflowers. Before me stood a woman in a long white flowing dress. Before I could speak, she turns around and smiles at me. “My child, welcome.” I bowed before the Moon Goddess, making sure that my neck was uncovered. Her soft, melodic laugh filled the air as she laid her hand gently on my shoulder. “I’ve brought you here to apologize to you my daughter. Your life has been harder than I originally planned. But, I also have great news for you. You and your mate will be Eternal Mates…”

“You’re telling me that I’ll be paired with Jubal for all of eternity?” I couldn’t believe it. After everything he put me through during this one lifetime, I or rather my wolf, would have to put up with him for the rest of time. “No Tama, not Jubal. I was speaking about your second mate, Ghost. You can’t know how over joyed I was when I watched the two of you meet for the first time. But because both of you hid your scents, the truth was kept hidden for so long.

“Right now, your body is lying in your bed. You’re going to be fine, but I had to talk with you. So they think you’re in a coma for the time being.”

“Is Ghost alright with me being his second mate Goddess?” I asked softly. “He is head over heels in love with you daughter. He is ecstatic about the fact his mate is you.” I smile at her and look around. “And what about Dean Colt? I know that he loves me and it saddens me. He’s a great man, and deserves his mate. Yet he can’t find her.”

“He met her just seconds after he killed Jubal. His mate is Terri McShane: a quite but lovable woman. The two of you will get along splendid I think.” The name sounded a little familiar to me, but I couldn’t place it. “Everyone is worried about you Tamar. You have a lot of friends in the King’s pack. It would be my advice to you and Ghost to join them and let the assassin jobs go. Before I send you back, there’s something I’d like to tell you about your life with Ghost.”

I hold my breath as if she was going to deliver bad news. My thoughts ran wild. But I was glad that my second mate was Ghost. He was a strong, sweet man. And the best assassin I’d ever worked with in my short career. The fact that it took so long for both of us to find each other struck me as funny. It was part of our description to be undetected, so it was natural to hide our scents. All it took was for me to be knocking on death’s door for the truth to be unveiled.

 The Goddess laughs softly, grabbing my attention. “The two of you will have a long and healthy life together. And I can tell you that y’all will be blessed with a large family.” Before I could think of anything to say to her, my vision became dark and I felt as if I was falling. Seconds later, I could hear several heartbeats. Bursts of sparks down my hand told me that Ghost was holding it. Taking a small breath in, I could tell that Dean and someone else was in the room as well. The third person must be his mate.

I moan softly and open my eyes. Glancing around, I notice that all three of them were asleep. I felt a huge smile slide onto my lips. Sitting up, I slowly slip my hand from Ghost’s. I pull a change of clothes from my bag and hurried to the shower. After a short bath, I step back into my room to find them still asleep. Shaking my head, I sneak over to the door and slam it shut. I laughed when they jumped to their feet startled.

“What does a woman have to do to get some food around here?” I ask softly and watched as they whirled around to face me. “Tami! You’re awake.”

“I have been for the past twenty minutes. When I woke up, the three of you looked so peaceful, I didn’t want to wake you. But, a girl has to eat now and then.” I chuckle at the look on Dean’s face. Turning to the woman beside him, I smile at her and extend my hand. “You must be Terri. I’m Tamar, but my friends call me Tami. It’s nice to meet you.” Terri smiles shyly at me but shakes my hand. “It’s nice to meet you too Tami.”

Ghost picks my up gently and follows Dean and Terri out of the room. I softly kiss his cheek and whisper, “You know G-man, I do have to of my own feet.” He laughs and tightens his arms around me. “Oh shush up Hale. I know it won’t be every day I get to carry you around the house.”   

“You got that right Mister.” I say sassily, causing everyone to laugh. As we descended the stairs, the smell of breakfast hit me and my stomach growled. As I sat in the kitchen between Ghost and Terri with Dean dishing food onto plates for us, I realized that I had finally found a place where I was welcomed and wanted. I was finally home.