Epilogue

5 Years Later

        I stood in front of the window and watched as Ghost played with our four year old twins. He had already taught them how to hide their scent . And I had to admit that they were almost as good at it as we are. Ghost shifted into his wolf and let our children climbed onto his back. He stood and started to slowly trot around the yard as laughter spilt from them. Going for a ride on their father's back was their favorite thing to do. 

        I heard the door silently swing open and I smiled. "Hello Dean." 

        "Hey Tami. Where's Ghost?"

        "He's playing with Ira and Tobias. How's Terri?"

        "She's due to give birth any day now." I chuckle softly as I think about my best friend. "Three pups is a lot to carry. I thought those two gave me trouble, but the three she's carrying has been hard on her." As I followed Ghost with my eyes, my hand slide unconsciously to my stomach. "Are you alright Tami?"

        "Yeah Dean I'm fine. Tell Terri that I'll stop by her room later today."

        "I will." As I watched him leave, I let my thoughts run towards the unborn pups I was carrying. It was natural for most femme wolves to give birth from 2 to 5 pups at a time. Lilly had told me that we were pregnant, but it wasn't until this morning that I learned I was carrying four. It was still a little early to determine the gender. I was excited but I didn't know how Ghost would react to the news. 

         I had just stepped out of my room when I heard Terri call my name. Rushing to her room, I found her leaning against the bed holding her stomach. "What's wrong Terri?"

        "My...My water broke. The pups are coming." Picking her up, I ran down the stairs."Tell Dean to meet us in the clinic." I tell Terri as we reach the ground floor. As I raced through the pack house, I heard several members of the pack calling after us but stop. By the time I reached the double doors, Dean took Terri from my arm and carried her to a room with the doctor right behind them. 

        I slowly made my way back to the waiting room only to find Ghost and our two children waiting for me. "Is the Queen alright love?"

        "She's fine Ghost. In a few hours, we'll be welcoming the future king and the princesses. Why don't we take our litter up to bed? They need a bath." He chuckled softly as we carried them up to our rooms. It took us almost two hours to get them bathed and tucked into bed. I was standing in front of the window again when Ghost joined me. He slipped his arms around me and held me tightly. 

        "What are you thinking about love?"

        "Terri, her pups, us." I answer softly. "Tell me what's bothering you."

        "When I was younger, I always yearned for a younger brother or sister. But as I grew older, it just remained me as an only child. I vowed that I would have a large family once I found my mate. We have two of the most beautiful children in the world Ghost. How...How would you feel about adding onto our little family?" I asked softly. His arms tightened around me, but he didn't speak. 

        With each passing minute of silence, I felt my heart sinking. Lilly, what do I do? I don't think he wants anymore children. 

        Calm down Tami. Everything's alright. It's just your hormones acting up. I sigh softly and turn my eyes towards the rising moon. "Tami, I wouldn't mind having a large family if that's what you wish. You have to know by now that as long as you were happy and safe, that I would do anything for you. Why do you ask?"

        "I've known for a month now that I was pregnant again. But it wasn't until today that I found out how many pups I was carrying this time"

        "How many Tami?"

        "The doctor told me that we would have four pups. But it's still to early to tell what they'll be." Silence filled our room once agian as I waited for Ghost to fully take in the news I just delivered. "That's fantastic love!" He picked me up and slowly twirled me around. I laughed and laid my head on his shoulder just as someon knocked on the door. 

        Rivers slowly opened the door and smiled at us. "The King request your presence in the clinic." We quickly followed him down the stairs. He lead us to a small room where we found Terri sitting in the bed holding her two daughter while Dean held his son and our future king. I knew that Ghost and I would have to tell Dean and Terri about the pups I carried soon, but right now was not the time. 

        "Tami, Ghost, I'd like to introduce you to my son, Matthias Apollos Colt. He is my heir to the throne. And his sisters, Ruby and Alexandria." Ghost looks at me and I nod once. In one swift motion, we slip down to one knee and bow our heads. 

        "We, Ghost and Tamar Thaine, do here by swear our allegiance and pledge to protect the heir apparent, Matthias Apollos Colt, and his sisters, Ruby Colt and Alexandria Colt from any danger. We will defend them at all cost, even if it calls for our lives." We bow our heads agian before we stand. We turned to leave when Dean spoke softly. "Thank you Tami, Ghost for your loyalty." 

        "I know you would do the same for us Sire, if you were in our place. And I pledge that Ira and Tobias will be his personal shields when they grow older."

        "Thank you again my friend."

        "It's my honor my King." As Ghost takes my hand and slowly leads us back to our room, I let the day's events run through my mind. For once in my life, everything was perfect.