Chapter 18

Here it is guys. The entire chapter 18. Sorry about the teaser, but I figured y'all should get a little bit while waiting on me to finish the rest of it. Thanks for the ideas, I loved 'em all. :) Hope y'all enjoy this chapter. Only a few more to go before it's finished. Then it's onto the next book. The third and final Sealology. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silence filled the office as Dean just sat in his chair staring at me. “Are you sure Tami?”

“I haven’t been surer of anything in my life Dean. Jubal is one of the wolves that is planning on your demise.” Looking him in the eye, I feel ice running through my veins. “I told the Council that I would protect you at all costs. And if Jubal makes me, I will kill him to keep you alive.” Dean looks at me in concern. He’s in love with you Tami.

What makes you say that Lilly?

His wolf just told me. Surely you couldn’t have been blind this whole time girl.

I won’t do that to his future mate Lill. He’s been looking for her for years. I refuse to put another femme through that pain.

There’s something you should know Tami. Dell, he wasn’t our true second mate.

WHAT!?!

We both were under a spell from that warlock. But I do know who are second true mate is.

Who is it Lilly? Have we met him?

We have, and it’s… Suddenly, someone started shaking me. Jumping to my feet ready to defend myself, I look around. Spying only Dean in the room, I stand up and slowly relax. “Are you alright Tami? You sorta spaced out there for a bit.”

“Yeah, no. I’m fine Dean. Lilly was just explaining something to me. Trust me Dean, I will do anything and everything in my power to keep you alive and safe. And I’m sure that Ghost would do the same as well.” Dean was about to say something, but he was stopped by the ringing of his phone. He sighed and answered. “Hello.” I stand up and walk to the bay windows.

“Beta Hale. To what do I owe for your call?” I could hear the sarcasm in his voice but I just smirked. “Just a second please.” He said and I felt his hand on my shoulder. “Your father wishes to know if you’d like to speak to him.”

“I guess I can.” The second the words are out of my mouth, Dean lays his cell in my hand and starts walking towards the door. “I’ll give you some privacy. If you need me, just yell.” I nod and wait for the door to close. “This is Hale.” I speak into the phone and I couldn’t help but notice that my voice sounded a little cold.

“Tamar! Thank the goddess. We were staring to get worried about you sweetheart.”

“What do you want Father?” I cringe softly at the formal title. “Your mother and I want you back home. If you come back to your mate, then nothing will happen…”