Chapter 12- Things Will Change

Cameron's POV:

The silence in the room was thick and it zoned out every other sound in the world; if that's even possible. I didn't know it was until that very moment. I couldn't hear a thing. The only sounds were the thoughts in my head. My sister. My twin sister, Heather, is so sick. How did this happen? What's going to change? I truly don't understand. I almost needed to hear the words again. 'We are doing the best we can.' That sentence rolled through my mind as if they were the only words I've ever heard.

The nurse got up to leave us alone. The door shutting was the sound that brought me back to reality. "What do we do now?" My mother said after a long sigh. "We wait." My father replied quietly. We weren't allowed to see her yet. They weren't even sure what was happening. "Ill be back.." Brandon said getting up and leaving the room. After another pause I finally spoke up. "What's happening to her?" I asked quietly. "We aren't really sure. But all we know is that things will change. Hopefully for the better." My father said gently. I broke down silently, turning away from my family and letting the tears fall. Then I did something that I don't normally do. I prayed. I prayed that my sister would be better and that she would be okay. I did this because i didn't know what else I could do.

Keaton's POV:

I was waiting for hours to hear from Cameron, or maybe even Anna. I was expected to hear something sooner than now. I was worried, and nervous. I cared so much for Heather and it breaks my heart to see her in such pain. It kills me to see her lying in a hospital bed with machines and tubes of all sorts poking out of her arms. No one should have to go through that. I tried to remember the night when I went to visit her. We cleared things up between us, and we literally started from the beginning. It was probably one of the happiest moment I've spent with her. I couldn't believe it but that night I knew that I was in love. I knew that no one has ever made me feel the way she makes me feel.

Three more hours later and my phone finally rings with a much anticipated call. "Get to the hospital now!"