Chapter 8- The Results

A/N:

Hello lovies! Sorry for the wait... I've been pretty busy and haven't found enough time to write a chapter that wasn't completely horrible. Just an FYI the POV's switch a lot in this chapter so look out for that! Ok, hopefully this is a good one and you all enjoy it. Thanks for reading!

~Margaret

*************************

Cameron's POV:

I don't even know what to expect at this point. My parents left us... And my sister ends up in the hospital. I didn't even know why she would ever go for a wave that big. Don't get me wrong, she's a great surfer, but she's not stupid. It's like she wasn't even paying attention. I mean, that wave was massive. She knows better. Especially after the last time. There was also a huge wave. She thought she could make it, so she tried. She ended up breaking her arm and not being able to surf for three months. What about this time? The wave was bigger. The fall was harder. The blood, well there is blood this time. I felt as drops of water streamed down my cheeks. Anna's hand slivered into mine bringing me back to reality. "Cameron?" I heard Cheryl ask. "Huh?" I said finally looking up, and wiping my tears. "We've contacted your parents. They know what's happened. They said they are coming back as soon as they can. We will update you with further information on Heather's condition once we know." She said professionally, and walked out if the room, leaving the silence to haunt the three of us. There were occasional sniffles from Anna, nervous tapping from Keaton, and worried thoughts screaming in my mind. I looked over at Keaton to examine his face. He looked more confused than anything. His eyes squinted as his vision fixed on the table in front of him. He looked as though thoughts were completely occupying his brain. He was so worried for her. I could tell. It was almost as like he knew more about what happened than we did, and he was keeping it to himself.

Keaton's POV:

How was I supposed to tell them? That I made her upset? How was I supposed to tell them that I loved her? How was I supposed to feel until I know she's ok? I don't know. I anxiously rubbed my sweaty hands together as my foot tapped the ground in sync with the constant beeping of machines. I examined the room. The walls were white, and brown letter chairs were lined against the perimeter. A large brown coffee table full of magazines and a few papers and brochures. I finally stood up and excused myself to the "bathroom". I started walking around the ER to find a place to get some water as I have gained a major headache. I finally found a vending machine and grabbed a crinkled dollar from my pocket. The bottle rattled in the machine and dropped into the tray. I grabbed it and rolled the cool plastic in my warm hands. I found myself walking past the operation rooms and came across one with the shade open. I didn't look inside out of respect, but out of the corner of my eye I saw a glimpse of curly brown hair. Heather. I stepped back and looked in the window, as several doctors surrounded the small girl, eyes closed and motionless. Tears finally fell from my eyes and I started walking away. I eventually found my way back to the room, sat down, and sipped on my water in silence.

Anna's POV:

I'm actually not really sure what happened. All I know is that Heather pulled one of her risky moves and got hurt. I saw blood on the surface of the water and realized how severe it was. I couldn't even look at her. It made me too upset. After everything she had gone through it was hard to see her in such a tragic state again. I closed my eyes just thinking about what she's been through. Cameron saw that I was upset and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I'm sure she'll be ok..." He whispered in my ear. "How do you know?" I said quietly opening my eyes again. "I have faith in these doctors that they are going to do everything they can to make sure she is better." He said staring into my eyes. "Ok." I responded simply. My eyes started to well up and he pulled my head into his chest. I sobbed until the tears struggled to fall. I fell asleep in the waiting room of the hospital, praying that my best friend, my 'sister', my second half, would be ok.