Chapter 8: New Beginnings (Shanell's POV)

**3 years later we decide to move in together and things are going better than we thought*

I woke up to feed and let the dogs out, when I looked at the time. "DUSTIN GET UP!" I yelled. "What's wrong?!" he asked jumping out of his sleep. "Look at the time!" I said jumping out of bed, and running towards the bathroom. I guess he rolled over and look at the clock, because I heard him yell "FUCK!" His mom and brothers will be here soon from the airport. I got dressed after showering, ran down to feed and let the boys out, put on some music, and started to clean up. We had a romantic dinner last night after the studio, and decided to break our new house in...if you know what I mean. I'm sorry baby I didn't realize what time it was." He said kissing me. "It's okay baby you needed the rest after your late night studio session." I respond. I had majority of the downstairs straightened up. We cleaned up the rest of the living room, kitchen and bathroom, and upstairs. We went back downstairs and I started cooking brunch for everyone, that's when the doorbell rung. Diesel and King ran to the door barking when Dustin went opened the door, and they continued to bark and wagging their tails.

"Quiet and go place." I yelled from the kitchen, and the boys listened. He hugged his mother and brothers and let them in. She ran straight to me and we did our girly squeal and hug. "How was the flight ma?" "It was good, long but good." "That's good and how's everything going?" Dustin asked walking into the kitchen. "It's great and I'm doing new things like get back to working out and working on new projects. what about you guys." "Everything is good here, doing music and working." he responds. "I'm good ma just trying to get all those wedding gifts put away finally." Bryan says. Yeah the baby boy got married before the rest of us. They grow up so fast lol! "We went to Japan and had a great time, but it wasn't the same without all 5 of us." Patrick said. I hated that we missed that trip, but duty calls. After I took out the last batch of cinnamon rolls I walked out the kitchen and said the food was done. "Thank you baby, now go sit down and I'll bring your plate." Dustin said walking towards the kitchen. I've been doing a lot lately, and forget to stop and take breaks. I'll slow down eventually.

We all ate and his brothers just kept saying how the food was great, and they're coming here for food next week. We finished eating, joked around, made videos, and watched TV. I took his mom on a tour of the house. I thought I heard someone walking, but then it stopped. "Shanell you look ill, are you feeling okay?" his mom asked concerned. "Yea, it might just be a cold or something." I replied sniffling. "You should make a doctor's appointment for today to make sure it's nothing serious." "Yes ma'am I'm going to go do that now, Dustin can you come here and finish giving her a tour?" He walked up the stairs and continued to show her around. I walked outside to call urgent care, to make an appointment. His mother and brothers left to go get her settled into her house, then he came over to check on me. He could tell something was wrong, he hates seeing me like this.

"Baby are you okay...what's going on? "I don't know babe, I have an appointment in an hour so hopefully they can tell me something." I replied scared-like. I went to change into some comfortable clothing, kissed him and the dogs good-bye, and walked out the door. I really hope nothing is wrong. I get to my appointment, fill out any paperwork, and wait patiently. The doctor calls me in, and tells me that my pregnancy results came back positive. I went white and couldn't speak. Pregnant!!! She then tells me that based on my levels, I am at the end of my 1st trimester. Damn! I got back to the house and sat on the couch looking at the ultrasound of our peanut. Time goes by with what feels like hours, and I knew I had to call him eventually.

"Hey is everything okay?" he asked me scared. I look at him and start to cry. "Hey hey what's wrong? Where are you at?" "I just got home." I replied crying. I held up the ultrasound picture, and it took him a minute to realized what it was. "Are you serious?!" he said jumping up. "What's going on?!" Kelly asked. "Is she okay?!" Pat asked nervous. Everyone crowded around, and he turned the phone around. His mom started to scream and cry. "YOU'RE GOING TO BE PARENTS!!!" she said jumping up and down. "I'm going to be a dad" he said sitting down.  He looked like he was going to faint. "Dustin you need to get home now. We'll be over later for dinner." Bryan said hugging him. He grabbed his things, loaded the dogs up, and got in the truck. "Congratulation big bro." his brothers said dapping him up. "We'll be home soon baby." He said before hanging up the phone.

I heard him pulling into the driveway, so I went out to wait on them. He got out the truck, let the boys out, and they walked towards me. He grabbed me carefully, hugged, and kissed me deeply. "Hello mama." he said looking down at me. "Hello daddy." I said with tears in my eyes. He wiped them away and kissed my cheeks. He then kneeled down, put his hands on my stomach, and kissed it. "Hello baby, I'm your daddy." he said sniffling. He stood up and I wiped his tears away. "We're really going to be parents." I said wrapping my arms around his back, hugging him. We walked in the house, let the dogs out, and laid on the couch. He laid in lap my, put his arm around my belly, and we dozed off. I felt him move, but I was too tired to see what was going on. I felt him get up, cover me up with a blanket, and  call the dogs over. "Let's go for a run while mama is resting." He said harnessing them up. "Where are yall going." I said popping up. I know the sound of my boys all too well. "We're going on a quick run before everyone get here. Lay back down and get some rest. We'll be back in 30 minutes." He said covering me back up.

When they got back from their run, I was up cleaning and cooking. "Hello sunshine" "There's my boys." I said walking over to them. I kissed him, then I bent down to hug the boys. The love I have for my dogs has always been one of my top priorities. "How are you feeling, and what are you doing up?" he said looking concerned. "I'm okay, a little tired and nauseous." I replied. He grabbed me some ginger ale, made me a quick snack, and had me sit down. "Dustin I'm okay, let me help!" I stated stubbornly. "You can help sitting down" he said lightly stern. He handed me what I was fixing, and washed his hands, and started helping out with the rest. A couple hours later the door bell rings and it was Ty, his brothers and mom, my parents, and brothers. . "Hey guys!" They all say at the same time. "Hey everyone." We respond. We hugged and dap up everyone, and I help her back to the couch. "So you're really pregnant?"  My dad said hugging me. "Yeah, I thought it was the flu or something." I respond. "I'm so happy for you both baby." My mom replies hugging me. We ate dinner, watched movies, played games, and had relaxing family time on the patio. He looked over at me and noticed I looked a little pale. "You okay?" "Not really, I think I need to go to lay down." "Do you need my help?" "No I'm okay." I state while getting up and heading in the house. Both of our mothers and the dogs followed me up to the room. "How are you feeling Shanell?" Mama Breeding asked me. "I'm so nauseous and and tired, but hungry too." I replied sitting on the edge of the bed. My mom helped me get on the bed and Mama Breeding ran down to the kitchen to get me some water and fruit. "How does it feel to be a mother soon?" My mom asked me. "Honestly I'm nervous. I want to make sure I'm doing everything I'm suppose to for my family." I say before lying down. "I know that feeling, trust me this instinct will kick in soon. Just remember to take it easy and ask for help. You know everyone got you." "Thanks mom." I reply and they hug me.

It was time for our family to leave and head home. They helped him clean up, said their good-byes to us, and left. I heard him walking upstairs, while I ran in the bathroom to throw up. Great "morning" sickness already. He ran to my side, helped me while I finished, ran me a warm bath, and helped me get ready for bed. He's the sweetest man ever. We get in the bed, turn on a movie, and relax. "We're really going to be parents" I said looking at him. "And we're going to be the best damn parents ever!" he replied kissing me. I ended up falling asleep before the movies was over. I woke up to the TV off, him sleeping, and I dozed back off.

This new beginning is by far the best I've ever had.