Chapter 10: Uh Oh I think its time!!! (part 2) (Dustin)

It was 6:30 in the morning, and we were still rehearsing and recording. While I was focused on the task at hand, all I could think about was my queen and our son. Hours went by and it was almost 10 am, when we wrapped up our session. We sat with our choreographer, manager, and mother to discuss the upcoming shows and schedule. When we were done talking I got up to use the bathroom, grab a snack, and meet up with my brothers. We play fought, joked around, and helped clean up the studio. After we were done I went to grab my back from the truck to shower, when I saw my mother on the phone. She looked scared, panicked, and nervous. I walked passed the door, and went to shower. When I walked out she was still on the phone, but she looked worse than before. I stood in the doorway, and listened to make sure she was okay.

"Hey everything okay?" "Okay I'm on the way and I'll let the boys know" she said hanging up. She jumped up and ran passed me, not realizing it was me. "Boys where are you?" she screamed. "Ma you ran right by me what's wrong?" I asked not sure if I wanted the answer. "I just got off the phone with baby girl and she said her water broke. She tried calling you, but we've been so busy you missed her call." she said running around gathering things. FUCK!! I grabbed my phone, turned it on, and saw I missed her call. Damnit! I gather my bag, keys, and run towards the truck. I try not to speed, but I need to get to her as fast as I can. When I get in the house, she is leaned over the couch breathing heavily. Ty is there taking care of the boys, and making sure she's okay. I run to her side, and a calming relief goes across her face. 

"How are you feeling baby? I'm so sorry I didn't answer, we were in the booth recording." I say kneeling down. "I forgot you told me that, and I'm in so much pain." she replied. Seeing her in pain and discomfort really bothers me, and I try not to cry and upset her. "I need warm water." she shouts. "Okay honey let me blow up your tub, and fill it up." Ty shouted running away. Kelly and Patrick went to help her. I kept pacing the floor and panicking, so my mom told me to go outside and get some air. Carnell, Bryan, and I  went outside while our mom helped me upstairs. She called her parents and brothers again, to see how far they were. Ty, the dogs, and myself stayed by her side, while everyone help helped clean up and prepare. S finally got in the tub and everything calmed down.

"Thank God, Jayden are you okay in there?" she said rubbing her belly. Everything was calm for at least 6 hours until 7 p.m., that's when the pain and contractions came back. "OWW IT HURTS." she screamed. I ran in, started to rub her belly, and sing to Jayden to calm him down until the midwife and nurses got there. 2 hours later they arrives, and it was time to prepare for our prince's arrival. More hours go by, and it felt like he would never come out. She walked around, swayed with anyone that wanted to help, and got back in the tub. When she sat down, she had a look of discomfort form. "I need to push!" she shouted. The midwife kneeled down, grabbed her equipment, and checked for his placement. "His head is right there. Give me a small push and I need you to give it your all." she instructed her. "I'm trying it hurts too much." "It's going to hurt for the moment, but it will be over soon." her mom said rubbing her head. I tried to stay calm and keep a calming look on my face, but it was so hard. "Baby go get some air and come back." she told me. "No I'm not leaving." I looked at her and replied. "Sir please go get some air, we'll be in this phase for a few minutes." the nurse instructed walking me out.

" Okay give my one more big push. I know it hurts sweetie, but his head is right there." the midwife says. I held her hand and rubbed her head, "Come on baby you can do it I love you." She pushed with all her energy, and when I looked down there was my son's head. When she saw that it, I could tell it gave her so much motivation to finish it out and welcome our prince. She push for the last time and there he was, 9 lbs, 19 inches. There was so much emotion in the room and when he heard my voice he opened his eyes. Our big brown-eyed prince. After everything was cleaned up and calmed down, we laid in the bed and looked at him sleeping so peacefully. "I love you so much Shanell and I thank you for giving me a beautiful family." "I love you too, and a king deserves the most precious things in life." she sweetly replied. "I am so glad we went with our hearts and became more than just best friends, because I couldn't see myself with any other woman or have kids with any other woman but you." I said kissing the top of her head.

*So now we see what happens when we take risks.*