Chapter 8: New Beginnings (Dustin's POV)

**3 years later we decide to move in together and things are going better than we thought*

I was in a really good dream when I hear shouting. "DUSTIN GET UP!" Shanell yelled. "What's wrong?!" I asked frantic. "Look at the time!" she said jumping out of bed, and running towards the bathroom. I roll over and look at the clock FUCK! My mom and brothers will be here soon! I jump up, hop in the shower, threw some basketball shorts and a white tee on, and ran downstairs to help Shanell clean up. We had a romantic dinner last night after the studio, and decided to break our new house in...if you know what I mean.  "I'm sorry baby I didn't realize what time it was." I said kissing her. "It's okay baby you needed the rest after your late night studio session." she responds. She had majority of the downstairs straightened up, then we cleaned up the living room, kitchen, bathrooms, and the rest of upstairs. We went back downstairs and Shanell started cooking brunch for everyone, that's when the doorbell rung. Diesel and King ran to the door barking and I opened the door and they continued to bark and wagging their tails.

"Quiet and go place." Shanell yelled from the kitchen, and the boys listened. I hugged my mother and brothers and let them in, my mother ran straight to Shanell and they did their girly squeal and hug. "How was the flight ma?" "It was good, long but good." "That's good and how's everything going?" I asked walking into the kitchen. "It's great and I'm doing new things, like get back to working out and working on new projects. What about you guys?" she said taking a piece of bacon."Everything is good here, doing music and working." I said. "I'm good ma just trying to get all those wedding gifts put away finally." Bryan says. Yeah the baby boy got married before the rest of us. They grow up so fast lol! "We went to Japan and had a great time, but it wasn't the same without all 5 of us." Patrick said. I hated that we missed that trip, but duty calls. That's when Shanell came out the kitchen and said the food was done. "Thank you baby, now go sit down and I'll bring your plate." She's been doing a lot lately, and forgets to stop and take breaks. I love my independent queen, but she needs to slow down.

We all ate and my brothers just kept saying how the food was great, and they're coming here for food next week. We finished eating, joked around, made videos, and watched TV. Shanell took my mom on a tour of the house. I was walking up the stairs when I heard them talking so I stopped to listen. "Shanell you look ill, are you feeling okay?" my mom asked concerned. "Yea, it might just be a cold or something." Shanell replied sniffling. "You should make a doctor's appointment for today to make sure it's nothing serious." "Yes ma'am I'm going to go do that now, Dustin can you come up here and finish giving her a tour?" I walked up the stairs and pretended that I didn't know what was going on. My mother and brothers left to go get her settled into her house, and I went over to check on Shanell. I could tell something was wrong, and I'm not liking it. I knew eventually all the work she was doing would catch up with her body, and it would shut down.

"Baby are you okay...what's going on?" I asked rubbing her back. "I don't know babe, I have an appointment in an hour so hopefully they can tell me something." she replied scared-like. She goes to change into some comfortable clothing, kisses me and the dogs good-bye, and walks out the door. I really hope she's okay, I hate ing her like this. I load King and Diesel in the truck, and head to my mother's house. Time goes by with what feels like hours, and Shanell finally calls me. The look on her face says that the appointment didn't go too well. I look at the screen and wait for her to say something, but she never does. My mom stood behind me so she could see what was going on. "She looks so pale." My mom started worryingly.

"Hey is everything okay?" I asked her scared. She looked at me, and started to cry. "Hey hey what's wrong? Where are you at?" "I just got home." she replied crying. She held up a picture, and it took me a minute to realized what it was. "Are you serious?!" I said jumping up. "What's going on?!" Kelly shouted. "Is she okay?!" Pat asked nervous. Everyone crowded around, and I turned the phone around. My mom started to scream and cry. "YOU'RE GOING TO BE PARENTS!!!" she said jumping up and down. "I'm going to be a dad..."I said sitting down. I felt like I was going to faint. "Dustin you need to get home now. We'll be over later for dinner." Bryan said hugging me. I grabbed my things, loaded the dogs up, and got in the truck. "Congratulation big bro." my brothers said dapping me up.

I pulled up in the driveway, to find the love of my life waiting on us. I got out the truck, let the boys out, and we walked to her. I grabbed her carefully, hugged, and kissed her deeply. "Hello momma." I said looking at her. "Hello daddy." she said with tears in her eyes. I wiped them away and kissed her cheeks. I kneeled down, put my hands on her stomach, and kissed it. "Hello baby, I'm your daddy." I said with tears forming. I stood up and she wiped my tears away. "We're really going to be parents." she said wrapping her arms around my back, hugging me. We walked in the house, let the dogs out, and laid on the couch. I laid in her lap, put my arm around her belly, and we dozed off. When I woke up, she was still sleeping, so I got up, grabbed a blanket, covered her up, and called the dogs over. "Let's go for a run while mama is resting." I said harnessing them up. "Where are yall going." she said popping up. She knows the sound of her boys all too well. "We're going on a quick run before everyone get here. Lay back down and get some rest. We'll be back in 30 minutes." I said covering her back up.

We got back from our run, and she was up cleaning and cooking. "Hello sunshine" "There's my boys." she said walking over to us. She kissed me, then bent down to hug the boys. The love she has for her dogs has always been one of my favorite thing. "How are you feeling, and what are you doing up?" I said looking concerned. "I'm okay, a little tired and nauseous." she replied. I got her some ginger ale, made her a quick snack, and had her sit down. "Dustin I'm okay, let me help!" she stated stubbornly. "You can help sitting down." I said lightly stern. I handed her what she was fixing, and washed my hands so I could help with the rest. A couple hours later the door bell rings and it was Ty, my brothers and mom, her parents, and brothers. "Hey guys!" They all say at the same time. "Hey everyone." We respond. We hugged and dap up everyone, and I help her back to the couch. "So you're really pregnant?" Her parents say hugging her. "Yeah, I thought it was the flu or something." She respond. "I'm so happy for you both baby." Her mom replies hugging her. We ate dinner, watched movies, played games, and had relaxing family time on the patio. I looked over and Shanell looked pale. "You okay?" "Not really, I think I need to go to bed." "Do you need my help?" "No I'm okay." she states while getting up, and heading in the house. Both of our mothers and the dogs followed her up to the room. "How does it feel to be a dad soon?" Her dad asked me. "Honestly I'm nervous. I want to make sure I'm doing everything I'm suppose to for my family." I say shaking my head. "I knew that feeling, trust me this instinct will kick in soon. Just look how you're caring for her now, and y'all just found out. You'll do great son." "Thanks pops." I reply and he hugs me.

It was time for our family to leave and head home. They helped me clean up, said their good-byes to Shanell, and left. I went back upstairs to find her in the bathroom throwing up. I run to her side, help her while she finishes, run her a warm bath, and help her get ready for bed. My poor baby. We get in the bed, turn on a movie, and relax. "We're really going to be parents" she said looking at me. "And we're going to be the best damn parents ever!" I replied kissing her. The movie was over and I look down to find her sleeping. I turn the TV off and finally drift off to sleep. This new beginning is by far the best I've ever had.