Chapter 10: Uh Oh I think it's time!! (Part 1) (Shanell)

It was 2:30 in the morning when I started feeling Jayden move around, then a sudden burst of pain shot up my back. I didn't make it a big deal, because I figured he hit a nerve. I went back to sleep for another couple of hours, then I started feeling the sharp pain again, but this time Jayden wasn't moving. Stupid braxton hicks. I got up to get my day started around noon, when I got downstairs I fed the dogs, cleaned up and let them out into the backyard. I walked back in and walked up the stairs to get my phone and laptop, when I got to the last step I felt a rush of warm liquid run down my leg and pain along with it. FUCK I'M HOME ALONE!!!! I tried to make it upstairs, but the pain was excruciating. I screamed for Diesel and King to come. I instructed King to get my phone. Diesel came running and laid down under my back. We taught them these tricks, for instances like this. I called Dustin, but he didn't answer the phone. I tried calling his mother, and she answered. 

"Hey Shanell everything okay?" "No I think my water just broke, and Dustin isn't answering." I said breathing hard. "Okay I'm on the way and I'll give the boys a call." she said hanging up. I waddle over to the couch and lean over, to see if it will help with the pain. As I sat on the couch I felt stronger pains (GRRREAT Contractions), Jayden was coming and he wanted to make it known. Diesel and King stayed close by my side, watching, and pacing. I had them get me something to drink, grab their toys, and lay down. All the pacing started to make me nervous. I tried to calm my nerves by playing soft music, but then the dogs starting whining again. I sat on the couch and called them over. They sat on both sides of me, laid their heads on my lap, and watched me. The contractions were getting strong and no one was here yet. I called my best friend and luckily she was coming anyways. She came in and helped me until Dustin got there. I could feel Jayden moving down, and it was painful. Dustin, his brothers, and mother came running in. Dustin's mom called the nurses and midwife and told them what was going on.

"How are you feeling baby? I'm so sorry I didn't answer, we were in the booth recording." he said kneeling down. "I forgot you told me that, and I'm in so much pain." I replied. The look on his face killed me, he hates seeing me in pain and I could tell he was trying not to cry. "I need warm water." I shouted. "Okay honey let me blow up your tub, and fill it up." Ty shouted running away. Kelly and Patrick went to help her. Dustin kept pacing the floor and panicking, so his mom told him to go outside and get some air. Him, Carnell, and Bryan went outside while their mom helped me upstairs. She called my parents and brothers again, to see how far they were. Dustin, Ty, the dogs stayed by my side, while everyone else cleaned up and waited patiently. I finally got in the tub and everything calmed down.

"Thank God, Jayden are you okay in there?" I said rubbing my belly. Everything was calm for at least 6 hours until 7 p.m., that's when the pain and contractions came back. "OWW IT HURTS. Dustin came running in, started to rub my belly, and sing to Jayden to calm him down until the midwife and nurses got there. 2 hours later they arrives, and it was time to prepare for our prince's arrival. More hours go by, and it felt like he would never come out. I walked around, swayed with anyone that wanted to help, and got back in the tub. When I sat down, I felt a sudden urge to push. "I need to push!" I shouted. The midwife kneeled down, grabbed her equipment, and checked for his placement. "His head is right there. Give me a big push and I need you to give it your all." she instructed me. "I'm trying it hurts too much." "It's going to hurt for the moment, but it will be over soon." my mom said rubbing my head. The look Dustin had on his face was heartbreaking. "Baby go get some air and come back." I told him. "No I'm not leaving." he looked at me and replied. "Sir please go get some air, we'll be in this phase for a few minutes." the nurse instructed walking him out. 

" Okay give my one more big push. I know it hurts sweetie, but his head is right there." the midwife says. Dustin held my hand and rubbed my head, "come on baby you can do it I love you." I pushed with all my energy, and when I looked down there was my son's head. When I saw that it gave me so much motivation to finish it out and welcome our prince. I push for the last time and there he was, 9 lbs, 19 inches. There was so much emotion in the room and when he heard his daddy's voice he opened his eyes. Our big brown-eyed prince. After everything was cleaned up and calmed down, we laid in the bed and looked at him sleeping so peacefully. "I love you so much Shanell and I thank you for giving me a beautiful family." "I love you too, and a king deserves the most precious things in life." I sweetly replied. "I am so glad we went with our hearts and became more than just best friends, because I couldn't see myself with any other woman or have kids with any other woman but you." he said kissing the top of my head.

*So now we see what happens when we take risks.*